Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Linked Pages

Default Linked Pages

I seem to have a page on my site that is linked somehow to another page. If I delete one, the other deletes as well. I can't seem to figure out how to un-link them.

I would also like to know how to get a page that is on the standard and tablet versions to also show on the mobile version. I believe it was there originally, but somehow got deleted and I'm not sure how to get it back.

Thanks!

Default Re: Linked Pages

I am not sure what is going on here. However, if you delete a page on one variant I believe it gets deleted on the variants as well.

If you go to File > Open Recent > Backups... You can go back and see if you can find the site before you deleted the page.

There is a small down facing arrow (v) next to Date Modified. Click that to see a calendar. You can search your backups by time and date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backups.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	120578  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am not sure what is going on here. However, if you delete a page on one variant I believe it gets deleted on the variants as well.

If you go to File > Open Recent > Backups... You can go back and see if you can find the site before you deleted the page.

There is a small down facing arrow (v) next to Date Modified. Click that to see a calendar. You can search your backups by time and date.
    Thanks for your response! That's what I thought which is why it seems so odd to have 3 less pages on my mobile variant than I do on the other 2 variants. Unfortunately (and oddly) the only backup is from yesterday and the page wasn't there then either.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPaws View Post
    Thanks for your response! That's what I thought which is why it seems so odd to have 3 less pages on my mobile variant than I do on the other 2 variants. Unfortunately (and oddly) the only backup is from yesterday and the page wasn't there then either.
    How about trying and creating a fourth Variant. If all the pages appear, you could copy and paste a page at a time from the wrong Variant to the new. If it doesn't appear, your file is probably corrupted and you should raise a Xara Ticket for it to recover and restore your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    How about trying and creating a fourth Variant. If all the pages appear, you could copy and paste a page at a time from the wrong Variant to the new. If it doesn't appear, your file is probably corrupted and you should raise a Xara Ticket for it to recover and restore your design.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, this appears to be working to solve that issue. Any ideas on how two pages on the same variant would be linked (if I delete one, the other deletes as well)?

Thanks Acorn, this appears to be working to solve that issue. Any ideas on how two pages on the same variant would be linked (if I delete one, the other deletes as well)?
    Also, if I change the name of the page, it changes the name of the other page.

No.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Also, if I change the name of the page, it changes the name of the other page.
    It has to be a corrupt file.
    If not that, some Placeholder code that is malformed.

I wouldn't bet the farm on this file being safe enough for you to continue working with.

Rasie a Xara Ticket and get it to fix it for you.

Acorn