Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Designer Pro to create interactive infographics for website

Hi,

I am exploring the use of Designer Pro to create interactive infographics for our newly developed website (which has used Kentico CMS). I would like to be able to include an HTML5 infographic within one of the widget boxes in Kentico so the graphic can be positioned on the page based on Kentico's layout system.

We have trialled creating a simple infographic in Graphic Designer. I exported it as a website, resulting in an HTML file and a directory of resources used by that HTML file. All good so far...

When we implement it in Kentico within the HTML widget, the interactive image is displayed on the web page, but it is not positioned correctly at all. It is outside the containing widget area.

The developer of our website explains it thus:

"....although it looks like the positioning is way off as it is fixed position within the CSS as the tool that you have used to generate these graphics is using fixed positions for some reason, that isn't going to work on any website effectively as it wont flow in a responsive layout unless there is some option during generation to do so?"

My question then is whether there is an option in Designer Pro HTML output to NOT use fixed positioning, so that the graphic will (hopefully) stay within the widget area? Or is there some other way of doing this??

Default Re: Using Designer Pro to create interactive infographics for website

Quote Originally Posted by PWK View Post
    My question then is whether there is an option in Designer Pro HTML output to NOT use fixed positioning, so that the graphic will (hopefully) stay within the widget area? Or is there some other way of doing this??

No, there's no such export option but perhaps the experts here know of another way to remove the fixed positions (which is exactly the design philosophy of Xara web software: WYSIWYG).

Default Re: Using Designer Pro to create interactive infographics for website

Presentation pages have the ability to resize responsively to the window size. You could give that a try.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host