Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Starting to get frustrated... Is this program buggy?

Web Designer Premium 15 Using a template seem to be running into more and more weird problems. Latest is images showing in the program and not in the previews and animations not working.

I had added three images to replace ones in the template store page. It was working okay and I had the images doing different animations like mouse over movement, fade effect on scroll triggered by a named object etc, and then some of the images quit doing the animation when previewed. Next two of the images don't show up at all in the preview. I tried replacing the images with other images and I get the same results.. images are in page but when previewed they don't show.

I dl'd a second template store page and started redoing everything and then on this new page I also couldn't get the mouse over animations to work on two of the images, and then one of the images suddenly doesn't show on preview either.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Default Re: Starting to get frustrated... Is this program buggy?

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    Web Designer Premium 15 Using a template seem to be running into more and more weird problems. Latest is images showing in the program and not in the previews and animations not working.

I don't think these issues are due to the program. Check if your images are on the correct layers. If you can't sort it out, post your .web file here so we can take a look at it.

I've spent most of the day screwing around with this and I can't figure it out. I cleaned up the pages because I had a mixture of text columns that I had mixed with other pasted in text and it was getting messy. All the images are on the layer below the MouseOff section and I don't have any other layers.. there is just the main MouseOver section above that that has the Navagation bars in it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page & Layers Gallery.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	120564

If I go to links and select do nothing and apply and then select popup photo and apply to each image and in the mouse over I give them each an animation and then preview it they all work. But if I then make any changes to the mobile page, when I come back to test the main page again the popups don't work and sometimes the animations don't either and I have to go through the whole process again. If I make the changes on the mobile page I can get it to work, but then the main page doesn't work.

I also don't understand what the difference is from having the images embeded where I just pasted them in, or like they are here where I put that placeholder item in first. It doesn't work either way though.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Are your images shared with variants? If so, select stop sharing and then make some changes to one or both variants and see what happens.

Doane, perhaps you can post your file here, even just with one page that gives your trouble.

I have had similar events happen. I have no solution. Sometimes if you have a script or code this will mess things up. It was mentioned by the developers and they may or may not look into it.

I think BKJohns solved it... I wasn't familiar with the variant controls.. some of the images were being shared and others weren't and it was messing it up. The varient images from the main one were way over on the right side of the window in the mobile one where I couldn't see them So I was putting new images in the moble one and ending up with duplicates. I now realize what those double hash marks are up in the right corner. Anyway, now the images are being shared and when I make changes to one it changes in the other varient like it should.

BoY: If I was going to post a .web file here for just one page, how would I do that?

Thanks, ... am learning slowely...

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post

BoY: If I was going to post a .web file here for just one page, how would I do that?
    Save your .web file under a new name (in other words, you now have a copy of your .web file), in the Page & Layer gallery delete the pages you don't want to include, save, and upload the file.

Ahh, OK, so no way of saving it with some setting that I missed. Yeah, that should work, thanks Boy. Next time I get in a bind, which will probably happen soon, I'll be able to do that. Really appreciate all your help and knowledge and everyone else here too.

While I've got you all here... I have two gif images with transparency that are inserted in the text panel with the text wrapping around them. When moused over they animate to get attention and you can click on them to get the larger popup, but when that is done, they have a white background: is there any way to have them pop up with a transparent BG as well, or am I asking for too much? :-)