Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flip or Mirror a photo

Hi there,
    Sometimes the simplest things will confuse me
    I must be missing something here but how can I flip or mirror a photo? When I use the selector tool I have all the handles to crop/modify/round corners. But when I click the "flip" button (horizontal or vertical), nothing happens. I thought this used to work.
    Thank you in advance for your reply.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Default Re: Flip or Mirror a photo

Let me guess ... you recently updated to Version 15 ... Have a look at the following threads.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...skewing-images
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ing-megathread
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

10 seconds too slow!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Never mind ... You get to answer everything! - It makes a change that I can be even remotely helpful.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Never mind ... You get to answer everything! - It makes a change that I can be even remotely helpful.
    Keith, sounds like a challenge!

I think we both truly care and just want to hold Xara up to the mirror.

I cannot get my head around the fact that Xara promote this: http://content.magix.net/newsfeeds/x...e/en/index.htm from my v12 version but fail to advise v15 is free to v12 owners who are still in date with their Update Service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just tried this in v9 and v11 and it works, but does not in v15, Strange that I had not noticed that before.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The mega thread goes into more details, but the short answer is that you need to lock aspect ratio for the flip function to work on bitmaps (the lock icon button).

I just tried this again with v12 and it works there OK.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.