Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    9,803

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Ja mein freund. Wie heiBen sie? Don't tell him Jonopen doh!. Ihr name wird auch auf der liste erscheinen.
    Stygg
    Very Dad's Army but more like 'Allo 'Allo and Fawlty Towers.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Urmston, Manchester,England
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Very Dad's Army but more like 'Allo 'Allo and Fawlty Towers.

    Acorn
    Dad's Army Acorn, just my little joke after reading the posts in this thread as regards does Magix own Xara and all the confusion over the cloud and pricing and the rest of the secrecy, smoke and mirrors . I thought at this rate we would all be getting e-mails sometime or another asking if we were for or against such a move, if against, your name would go on the list. Hence the Dad's Army ref. Not offending anyone, just my weird sense of humour

    Stygg

  3. #13

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Hmm, Upgrade/renewal price (UK) is 89 expires? today (8th).
    https://www.magix.com/gb/photo-graph...-designer-pro/
    Can't remember what I should be expecting to pay to renew, was considering not renewing but to save the hassle I might if this is regarded as a genuine bargain price or is 'expires today' just a gimmick to pressure me to buy?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    9,803

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Dad's Army Acorn, just my little joke after reading the posts in this thread as regards does Magix own Xara and all the confusion over the cloud and pricing and the rest of the secrecy, smoke and mirrors . I thought at this rate we would all be getting e-mails sometime or another asking if we were for or against such a move, if against, your name would go on the list. Hence the Dad's Army ref. Not offending anyone, just my weird sense of humour
    Stygg
    i got the joke reference straight away but the Brit-German dichotomy might have passed others by.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Please no airdefence here, heard enough about the cloud.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,686

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    I went to xara.com - scrolling right down to the borrom, where it says 'products' and clicking on 'desktop', took me to the xara.com/uk product page [and at the bottom of that page is the link to 'news']

    so you can do it...

    as for pricing and the rest... what can I say that's not been said; joke is what it is, but not funny...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,686

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Yup, I noticed the GMBH too,
    Acorn
    http://www.firmenwissen.com/en/az/fi...XARA_GMBH.html

    but you need to pay if you want any details.....

    notice who the contacts are...: magix-online...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    9,803

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I went to xara.com - scrolling right down to the borrom, where it says 'products' and clicking on 'desktop', took me to the xara.com/uk product page [and at the bottom of that page is the link to 'news']
    so you can do it...
    as for pricing and the rest... what can I say that's not been said; joke is what it is, but not funny...
    It is the sole link to get you into the old Xara Products site so I apologise for not spotting it.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    9,803

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    here's a link to Companies House:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...97032/officers

    on the people tab you will see that only Kate [Gaddeston Place] and Jurgen [Berlin] remain dirctors of the Xara Group Limited; and Charles resigned 31 December 2015
    Jurgen is the only Director.

    Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Not with a Bang...

    Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    Hmm, Upgrade/renewal price (UK) is 89 expires? today (8th).
    https://www.magix.com/gb/photo-graph...-designer-pro/
    Can't remember what I should be expecting to pay to renew, was considering not renewing but to save the hassle I might if this is regarded as a genuine bargain price or is 'expires today' just a gimmick to pressure me to buy?
    Upgrade price of 89 now expires 22nd..

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •