I went over to xara.com today to see about upgrading to the latest Xara Developer Pro.

I was shocked to find that there isn’t any reference to either Xara Develper Pro or Xara Web Developer, but instead the website has been completely converted over to Xara Cloud.
From what I can gather , Xara Cloud is a template driven app which allows users to drag and drop content to create websites.
It dosesn’t seem to be focused on original artistic creation and design at all, but instead just website display of content.
That is so far from the original Xara program that I would have thought they could have at least come up with a separate name.
I searched around and found that through the “Desktop” link I could find the Xara Developer and Web Developer programs, but as these programs aren’t even listed on the main page whatsoever, it seems likely that they are being archived and may soon disappear forever. If that is true then there is no way that I can justify buying the current version of Xara Developer Pro.

When Magix bought Xara I feared that the program would eventually be sidelined and dropped.
From what I see today on the Xara.com website, it seems like I was not wrong in that assement.

- Andy