Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Cloud blows fog over Xara Designer Pro and Website Designer

I went over to xara.com today to see about upgrading to the latest Xara Developer Pro.

I was shocked to find that there isn’t any reference to either Xara Develper Pro or Xara Web Developer, but instead the website has been completely converted over to Xara Cloud.
    From what I can gather , Xara Cloud is a template driven app which allows users to drag and drop content to create websites.
    It dosesn’t seem to be focused on original artistic creation and design at all, but instead just website display of content.
    That is so far from the original Xara program that I would have thought they could have at least come up with a separate name.
    I searched around and found that through the “Desktop” link I could find the Xara Developer and Web Developer programs, but as these programs aren’t even listed on the main page whatsoever, it seems likely that they are being archived and may soon disappear forever. If that is true then there is no way that I can justify buying the current version of Xara Developer Pro.

When Magix bought Xara I feared that the program would eventually be sidelined and dropped.
    From what I see today on the Xara.com website, it seems like I was not wrong in that assement.

- Andy

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Xara Cloud blows fog over Xara Designer Pro and Website Designer

Xara Cloud is the new name for the Online Designer, and AFAIK you can still purchase and upgrade all the desktop versions through Magix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

And it we still have not seen the update that supposed to allow changing the aspect ratio of images. The Magix downloader still installs 15.0.0.54247 dated Dec 8 2017.

Maybe this is the reason for the hold up.... all of Xara's resources appear to have been utilised for Xara cloud.

According to the messages from Xara on TG, Magix has taken over the world-wide marketing of Xara products, thus go to Magix.com for all products.
    You went to the link under "Products" "Desktop." The following message is at the top:
    "October 2017: We are pleased to announce that our distribution partners MAGIX Software will now handle all English language sales & support for our award winning desktop titles, so clicking on the Buy links below will take you to the MAGIX shop. Here at Xara we will focus on Xara Cloud, our collaborative content creation platform."

Of course, clicking on the link for Xara DPX may not take you to Magix.com; it may take you to a Xara page and then clicking on the Buy button takes you back to the main Xara page. Someone messed up on the links, I think.

Magix is just marketing, I presume that Xara is still giving out the information about what is new in the products with each issue. Where has that all gone to? I would have thought that Xara would keep it with Xara.com. Strange.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The last I heard the update to v15 is coming soon not sure how soon though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.