Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Vector Sketch W/Mouse

I was a little burned out on a project I'm working on, so I decided to not just sit around and be lazy, but rather just 'sketch' with my mouse (rather than stylus like I normally do) because to me, you can be lazy and non-productive and still be not lazy and productive...it just depends on the activity!

So after two hours of not working on what I should have, this had been made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vector fatal fury sketch.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	120538

Technical notes:
    no curves on polygons
    the background flame stuff is used no combination operations like subtract or add; they're all just freely floating shapes
    no groups or layers
    uses only default color xara palette
    no transparency effects
    no gradients
    no competent use of typography (lol)

I think it came out okay considering how little thought was going into this. I might go back and really finesse it up, but probably not.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Vector Sketch W/Mouse

Also, I hope Magix or whomever runs this forum can do something about the image storage here...I understand size and bandwidth issues force certain decisions, but the worst thing you can do to any vector image is save it super high compressed jpeg. Actually, that's the worst thing you can do with any image, but I would like to just say using PNG with resolution restrictions is much better approach...it may artifact from scaling but it wouldn't look like blotchy garbage unnecessarily.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Nice. Agree about PNG.

Very cool!

Just switching off & letting your imagination wander often has very surprising & pleasing effects.

I don't know when the forum started converting png's to jpg's. A bummer!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice!

Looks like you had fun, hseiken.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer