Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Scribble April 3, 2018

That looks a bit cloudy Rik. Good job. Thanks.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Jon, I don't mind at all. Love the mouth alteration too.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I did start with the Wizard's line but ended up with something quite different. The Xara jpg export was post-processed in Fotosketcher for a watercolour effect...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoSketcher-AprilScribble.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	120655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoSketcher-AprilScribble-zoom.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	120656
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 25 April 2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: add second image

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    I did start with the Wizard's line but ended up with something quite different. The Xara jpg export was post-processed in Fotosketcher for a watercolour effect...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoSketcher-AprilScribble.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	120655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoSketcher-AprilScribble-zoom.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	120656
    Ross: I can see parts of the scribble in you great creations, but, you have to use the whole scribble.
    So, if the whole scribble IS in your drawing, then, you'll have to show me where it is?
    Last edited by Rik; 28 April 2018 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typo

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    but, you have to use the whole scribble.
    Rules, rules, rules... unstated rules aren't really rules when the intent (again unstated) appears to be to have some creative fun.

Indeed, my uploaded images do not show the complete line. It does show more than 75% of the line repeated hundreds of times. The image was created by doing a 25-step blend between two copies of the provided line followed by another 25-step blend between two copies of the original blend. Then with lots of manipulation I ended up with a cropped subsection of the what had started as the second blend of blends. It was in that cropping that the lines reduced to about 75% of the original profile, reduced the extraneous repetition, and made the complexity more manageable. A copy of the cropped area was subsequently converted to shapes and the group of them further manipulated and layered with transparency effects & shadows, feathering, mirrors & flips of copies, etc., etc., for a few hours of "see where it leads" -likely unrepeatable- freeform fun.
    There were times when it seemed the computer was going to crash. Living life on the edge -- with no rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Rules, rules, rules... unstated rules aren't really rules when the intent (again unstated) appears to be to have some creative fun.

Indeed, my uploaded images do not show the complete line. It does show more than 75% of the line repeated hundreds of times. The image was created by doing a 25-step blend between two copies of the provided line followed by another 25-step blend between two copies of the original blend. Then with lots of manipulation I ended up with a cropped subsection of the what had started as the second blend of blends. It was in that cropping that the lines reduced to about 75% of the original profile, reduced the extraneous repetition, and made the complexity more manageable. A copy of the cropped area was subsequently converted to shapes and the group of them further manipulated and layered with transparency effects & shadows, feathering, mirrors & flips of copies, etc., etc., for a few hours of "see where it leads" -likely unrepeatable- freeform fun.
    There were times when it seemed the computer was going to crash. Living life on the edge -- with no rules!
    Well, Ross.
    There are some rules.
    And in the case of the Scribble Challenge, the main rule is that you have to have the complete scribble in your drawing.

It's about creating something, using the entire scribble.

So, whilst your entry is, indeed, very creative, and we want everyone to participate, I can't say that it's in the spirit of the challenge.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Rik - if you look you'll see there were no rules identified at the start of this challenge. You seem to assume any participants should be familiar with some distant past challenge where some 'rule' may have been stated. Is it another rule here that you can't participate unless you've read all past threads going back to year 2002?

I think you should forget such rules and just be happy that members participate.

By the way the image I posted used only the line provided. No other lines were drawn.

I agree with Rik. I thought everyone understood that the entire scribble line is to be used and the rules do not need to be posted every time. You may change the line weight, add to the line but that is all.
    the line result can show as positive or negative space, I did post the rules awhile back because I went around and around with Rik on this issue. Turns out what I thought I had submitted was not the what I thougtht it was. I had deleted part and didn't realize it so I thought the submission was what I had in mind but it wasn't. Anyway Rik has always been awesome with his scribbles, they are a thing of beauty.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

the whole point of the challenge is to use the line provided... if you can pick and choose segements - where is the challenge ?

I think you should forget such rules and just be happy that members participate
    but it's not your thread - you could always start one of your own ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the whole point of the challenge is to use the line provided... if you can pick and choose segements - where is the challenge ?
    Quite right.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509