Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
and when I said 'but it's not your thread' all I meant was it's for the OP to define the topic... right?
The thread had no stated rules. The OP did not define the topic nor have OP's done so in dozens of past scribble challenge threads. I generally understood that the idea was to create a graphic using the provided scribble - and that's what I did and shared the result. My design used only the one line provided and was generated from it. The "rules" were raised and I noted there are no rules. I know some are likely thinking "ahh but they do exist" but those rely on insider knowledge not available to new posters. Some seem to think it is fair game to enforce those rules. I say it isn't and am insulted by the enforcement efforts. In this thread I don't feel my participation was welcome -- but as a former moderator I know all participation should be welcomed and encouraged.

If you want rules to be followed - state your rules upfront in a clear straightforward manner. Be fair and transparent and stop with the insider's club.

I just recently returned to TalkGraphics after a long hiatus. I hoped to again share community with other graphics enthusiasts. I didn't come back to be a trouble maker or challenge authority. I'm not an anarchist. I'm just surprised by an effort to enforce rules that aren't stated and stepping back in like a new member I see how unwelcoming that practice is. If rules for next month's scribble challenge are stated I will follow them should I choose to participate.