Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unique Image Reveal Animation question

Not sure if this is possible... I would like to have several images on the entry page on one sub domain site slide in from one direction, one at a time, as gray scale images and then when they have all arrived in a line, I would like them to change to their full color images, (fading in to color would be great). So I got it to work for 5 images using the delay feature so that one at a time slides in till they are all in a line on the top title bar, that works fine. But is there some way to have them slide in as gray scale and then when they have all arrived to change to color? Or maybe some of you can think of some other similar animation that would look neat.

Another way of doing it would be to have the 5 images on the top bar already there as gray scale images, maybe very faint, and then with delay have the five color images slide in to take their place? Would have to be done with some sort of layers and am not sure how to do it.

Thanks,
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Default Re: Unique Image Reveal Animation question

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    Not sure if this is possible... I would like to have several images on the entry page on one sub domain site slide in from one direction, one at a time, as gray scale images and then when they have all arrived in a line, I would like them to change to their full color images, (fading in to color would be great). So I got it to work for 5 images using the delay feature so that one at a time slides in till they are all in a line on the top title bar, that works fine. But is there some way to have them slide in as gray scale and then when they have all arrived to change to color? Or maybe some of you can think of some other similar animation that would look neat.

Another way of doing it would be to have the 5 images on the top bar already there as gray scale images, maybe very faint, and then with delay have the five color images slide in to take their place? Would have to be done with some sort of layers and am not sure how to do it.

Thanks,
    For each image, have a monochrome and colour copy.
    Put the B&W one under the colour one.

For the B&W, give it a Web Animation of Slide in from right of 1 second.
    For the Colour one, a Web Animation of Fade in of 5 seconds and a Delay of 2 seconds.

Do the same for the other pairs: Slide in from right of (2, 3, 4, 5) and Delay of (4, 6, 8, 10) seconds.

No Layers!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This might be done better with a slide show app. I have used Acorn's method and it works but due to the time limitation for the animation it all has to happen too quickly. When Xara introduced the web animations many of us requested user defined times. But as far as I can see the feature has forgotten and Xara has moved on to other features.

You could also bring them all in as Monochrome and change to colour or mouseover/hover
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Good ideas, I'll experiment some more, thanks guys
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1