Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Position on Page / Footer

I have recently downloaded the trial of Xara Web Designer Premium, to see if it can replace Adobe Muse, which has been discontinued.

I have created a set of objects that I want to be the footer of the page. Looking for help online suggests that in version 8 of the software there was a right-click menu option called "Position on Page", and within that, an option to select footer, which effectively pinned the objects to the bottom of the page, meaning that they would move down as the page length increased. I cannot find this option in the latest version I downloaded as the trial.

Has it been replaced with alternative functionality? How can I set objects to be in the footer of my site?

Default Re: Position on Page / Footer

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    I have recently downloaded the trial of Xara Web Designer Premium, to see if it can replace Adobe Muse, which has been discontinued.

I have created a set of objects that I want to be the footer of the page. Looking for help online suggests that in version 8 of the software there was a right-click menu option called "Position on Page", and within that, an option to select footer, which effectively pinned the objects to the bottom of the page, meaning that they would move down as the page length increased. I cannot find this option in the latest version I downloaded as the trial.

Has it been replaced with alternative functionality? How can I set objects to be in the footer of my site?
    It is now Auto-fit to page with an expanded set of options.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. All have another look and see if I can do what I need with that option.

thanks acorn, your knowledge is useful for users good work keep it up.

Hi Acorn,

I've now had a chance to test this. By setting Auto-fit to Page - Vertical - Bottom, I've been able to make my footer objects always appear at the bottom of the page as I increase or decrease the size.

However, I want the footer objects to appear at the bottom of the page, but if the page height is less than the browser window height, then I want the footer objects to appear at the bottom of the browser window, rather than leaving white space below them.

I've experimented with the sticky options, but these seem to force the footer objects to stay at the bottom of the window, even if the page is longer than the browser height, so that the page content scrolls up from behind the footer objects, which isn't what I need.

Please can you advise me further?

Thanks very much,

Gary

@acorn Are you able to advise me on this, please?

@acorn Are you able to advise me on this, please?
    The auto-fit option set the position of objects in your design, not how that is rendered in a browser window.
    The sticky option changes an object's position to latch onto the bottom of the browser window.

To detach from the page to the window would require coding and the gap left in the page would be awkward to address.

Sorry,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. This is a shame: it's the first feature from Adobe Muse that I can't replicate with Xara. Is there a feature request list for Xara where I could request this functionality?

Thanks, Acorn. This is a shame: it's the first feature from Adobe Muse that I can't replicate with Xara. Is there a feature request list for Xara where I could request this functionality?
    Raise a Thread in Dear Xara here in TG.

Have you an example site that performs as you describe as I wouldn't mind looking it over?

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Have you an example site that performs as you describe as I wouldn't mind looking it over?
    Thanks, Acorn. I've uploaded a quick example to www.wood-net.co.uk/footer. Please let me know if you can think of a way to achieve this in Xara Web Designer. It's really easy in Adobe Muse, which is what I used to create this example: if you activate a property called "Footer" on any objects, then they automatically appear at the bottom of the window, or the bottom of the content, whichever is furthest down.