Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Position on Page / Footer

Excuse me - perhaps I am being dense? I have a group of objects and would like to create a footer with them (rectangle, graphics with links and text with links).

I've done my best to create a group and set it as a footer. However, when I scroll up or down the page the group does not remain intact. Also, weirdly enough, once done it is also effecting the text ion my navigation bar.

There does not appear to be any tutorials on this subject. There is for modular websites (blocks), but none of the footers seem readily modifiable to the way I want the design to look.

Please help and/or guide me to a tutorial that can explain, in detail, how to create a footer that will remain intact as I repeat it across all pages without effecting other design elements of the website.

Thank You !!!!!

PS: I have spent hours searching this subject and also written Xara on the matter - without reply

Hi tmw775,

Can you post a sample file with your footer in it, so we can see what's going on?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tmw775 View Post
    Excuse me - perhaps I am being dense? I have a group of objects and would like to create a footer with them (rectangle, graphics with links and text with links).

I've done my best to create a group and set it as a footer. However, when I scroll up or down the page the group does not remain intact. Also, weirdly enough, once done it is also effecting the text ion my navigation bar.

There does not appear to be any tutorials on this subject. There is for modular websites (blocks), but none of the footers seem readily modifiable to the way I want the design to look.

Please help and/or guide me to a tutorial that can explain, in detail, how to create a footer that will remain intact as I repeat it across all pages without effecting other design elements of the website.

Thank You !!!!!

PS: I have spent hours searching this subject and also written Xara on the matter - without reply
    Should you want to create a footer on each and have it attached to the bottom of each page (regardless of the height of that page), then here is an example that does not need web-blocks: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/footer/

Here is the example XAR: Footer-Page-Bottom.xar

Let us know if we are on the right track?

There are other ways to do this, but let's see where we are.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Info Re: Position on Page / Footer

What I do:

• Set up the objects on the page to Push so nothing overlaps.
    • Create my Footer with Push elements.
    • Soft-group.
    • Select Autofit and untick Automatic and instead pick Bottom & Centre.
    • Set as Repeat on all Pages.

I have hammered this approach with a NavBar at the top and cannot break anything.

If you shun Push, then you have to manually adjust the page length to avoid any Footer overlap.

All Web Blocks do is the same approach; there is nothing magic about it.
    https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara.../auto_fit.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat