Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Designer Pro for interactive web graphics

I have recently downloaded trial of Designer Pro, with specific intent to understand how best to create interactive graphics/infographics and animation for websites, particularly in HTML5.

I am presuming 'image maps' could take care of say clicking on an area of an image/infographic and having it jump to another page on the website. However, what about functionality like:

1. Hover over effect
    2. Click to have an information box come up
    3. Click or hover to initiate some type of scripted animation

Would appreciate your fast response.

Default Re: Using Designer Pro for interactive web graphics

Quote Originally Posted by PWK View Post
    I have recently downloaded trial of Designer Pro, with specific intent to understand how best to create interactive graphics/infographics and animation for websites, particularly in HTML5.

I am presuming 'image maps' could take care of say clicking on an area of an image/infographic and having it jump to another page on the website. However, what about functionality like:

1. Hover over effect
    2. Click to have an information box come up
    3. Click or hover to initiate some type of scripted animation

Would appreciate your fast response.
    PWK,

it is far easier to place 99% transparent shapes over an area to replicate an image map.
    Only do this if the area is different to an actual shape or group of shapes.
    In both cases, use Web Properties > Link > Link to Web or Email address for external links, > Link to for same site pages, > Pop-up layer for roll-overs, ...

Select a shape or group of shape or overlay and right-click and pick Web Animation for Mouse-over effects.
    Web Animation for Show pop-up layer.

JavaScript in Placeholders or some Smart Widgets and Web Animation for scripted animation.

All basic stuff in the Help (search for bold item above) and tons in support videos.

Do spend the time researching before jumping in.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat