Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
I love Nexusfont. The ONLY downside is having to wait while it loads 11,000 fonts.

I've tried FONTBASE twice now, and uninstalled it twice. Don't like it at all - Not can't use it, it's quite useable, just don't like it.
True: NexusFont takes longer than one would wish for installed fonts to be enumerated. I don't have that problem, though, because by default, I don't ask for Installed fonts to be displayed. I've got it to launch and load 45 typefaces right now that I'm evaluating by comparison for a gig. If this is any gauge, 45 typefaces took about 18 seconds to load, about 3 per second, which must be painfully slow for all your 11,000 fonts, Mr. Almond! That is an exaggerated number, I hope!

oOg, what I like most about it, is once you're loaded (or the program is loaded), you have a number of options right where one might expect them: install/uninstall, properties/charmap when you right-click over a font sample, color font size, preview sentence easy to get to.

Not sure what FontBase's features are anymore, but the deal-breaker was that it appears full-screen at my pathetic 1280 × 1024 screen resolution. Getting to my Desktop was a hassle; Mr. FontBase uninstalled.

Except for being able to duck out of Xara and install fonts, OoG, NexusFont doesn't interact with Xara at all. Most font managers I've used in the past do not work in tandem with an application.

Name:  typewriter-sig.gif
Views: 331
Size:  12.7 KB

OoOoOg :)