Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mobile version

Default Mobile version

Hi, I'm a novice user of Zara. I've created a complete website with Zara, but focused on the desktop tab. I don't want to maintain the mobile tab, yet on a mobile device in portrait mode the mobile tab loads. It contains some of the elements of the desktop tab, but obviously not all, nor formatted correctly. What's the best way to not have the mobile tab even load at all? Thanks!

Default Re: Mobile version

Hi ripfree, the simple answer is to go Utilities / Mobile Variants / Mobile Variants then delete the mobile variant and publish.

And whilst it pronounce Zara it's named Xara
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics ripfree

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi ripfree, the simple answer is to go Utilities / Mobile Variants / Mobile Variants then delete the mobile variant and publish.

And whilst it pronounce Zara it's named Xara
    Xank you.

Worked great, thanks for the answer. The menu titles are different, but they were close enough to get me there.

Another query of Egg Bramhill. When I open my pages in Xara I get my site pages and mobile site page. I published but the mobile site never shows on my cell phone. I built a different looking mobile page to keep it simple but the bottom line it never shows up when I use my cell phone. What am I doing wrong. It's like the pages don't publish together.

Quote Originally Posted by captlad View Post
    Another query of Egg Bramhill. When I open my pages in Xara I get my site pages and mobile site page. I published but the mobile site never shows on my cell phone. I built a different looking mobile page to keep it simple but the bottom line it never shows up when I use my cell phone. What am I doing wrong. It's like the pages don't publish together.
    Try opening in a browser on your PC and making the browser width smaller until the mobile one appears.

Guess at its width and see if your guess matches anything like what you set the Mobile one to appear as.

If there is a mobile Version, it is published.

Acorn

P.S. You ought to raise a separate Thread as this is not directly related to the original ask.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat