Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Left aligned web page

I realize all pages are centered using Xara. Does anyone know how to make a page left aligned in newer versions of XWD? By left aligned, I mean the page itself such that it comes up in the browser to the left regardless of browser size.

I found a couple of references for this here and here. These are for much older versions than the v15 I am using and do not seem to work.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Left aligned web page

Quote Originally Posted by BL19 View Post
    I realize all pages are centered using Xara. Does anyone know how to make a page left aligned in newer versions of XWD? By left aligned, I mean the page itself such that it comes up in the browser to the left regardless of browser size.
    I found a couple of references for this here and here. These are for much older versions than the v15 I am using and do not seem to work.
    Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
    Thanks!
    I think the Xara code changed when Variants were introduced and it might be something around the ID xr_xr and its Margin.

This might prompt someone else's search.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think the Xara code changed when Variants were introduced and it might be something around the ID xr_xr and its Margin.
    This might prompt someone else's search.
    Acorn
    I had a quick run with covoxer's WD6 Tweakset and this seems to work still:

<script>

function my_lres(e){
    if(my_loldres) my_loldres(e);
    xr_xr.style.marginLeft="0px";
    xr_xr.style.left="0px";
    xr_dx=0;
    document.body.style.backgroundPosition="0px 0px";
    };

var my_loldres=0;

window.onload=my_llod;

function my_llod(){
    my_loldres=window.onresize;
    window.onresize=my_lres;
    my_lres();
    };

</script>

covoxer had it as a Placeholder on a page, which makes it work for the variant.
    If using a Variant site, it might all work for all pages - not tested.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, I got it to work. I am a Newbie to Xara Web Designer but with your help I was able to get it working. Thank you!

I thought I would share for any others, perhaps newbies like me, what worked for me in XWD v15. I have attached a sample .WEB page. I just made a header bar along the entire width at the top of the page with the rectangle tool. I right clicked on the bar, selected web properties, then the website tab. On the website tab I clicked on HTML Code (Body) button and pasted Acorn's suggested code above. As an aside, it seems you can use any object and even delete the object once done and the code will be there.

Thanks for your help Acorn!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by BL19 View Post
    Okay, I got it to work. I am a Newbie to Xara Web Designer but with your help I was able to get it working. Thank you!
    I thought I would share for any others, perhaps newbies like me, what worked for me in XWD v15. I have attached a sample .WEB page. I just made a header bar along the entire width at the top of the page with the rectangle tool. I right clicked on the bar, selected web properties, then the website tab. On the website tab I clicked on HTML Code (Body) button and pasted Acorn's suggested code above. As an aside, it seems you can use any object and even delete the object once done and the code will be there.
    Thanks for your help Acorn!
    Yes, you can use any Shape. Such code that does not render on the page is better in the Head code area. Last one, Website & Page code areas are not in Placeholders do don't need any such leg up; that is why deleting the header bar did nothing.

Acorn

Always great when someone shares their resolution to a problem. Thanks BL19.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host