Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Problem with Webform :(

Quote Originally Posted by NTK View Post
    https://xaratemplates.com/own-contact-form-using-php/

I used this

I realise that I will need to populate with my own email address.

I am sorry people for being such a burden
    Initially, I thought if you were using version 15 then there is a problem in the contact_htm_files/send_form.php file Line 1 action where action="index_htm_files/send_form.php" might not be pathing correctly as the export is being saved to the contact_htm_files/ folder and not index_htm_files/. It should work anyhow if your first site page is named index.

Can you export your site to a local folder and in its index_htm_files/ folder, check the index_htm_files/xr_files.txt manifest is listing, at least:
    form-success.htm
    form-error.htm
    submit.png
    send_form.php.

Both submit.png and send-form.php are essential to the functionality.

The other aspect is your server enabled for PHP scripting and will it work from the index_htm_files/ folder?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I will be perfectly honest i am put of my depth as i am new to all of this. Is there any possibility that i can upload the site as it is and share it so that it can be seen and checked. I realise that this is a HUGE ask as people usually charge for such a privilege but this is the last piece of the puzzle i feel like i am letting the community down tbh with my lack of knowledge in a sea of pros.

In relation to is the server i can confirm it is 7.0 php enabled.

I have created all docs except for Submit.PNG I don't understand what I am doing wrong. here is the google drive link

please someone help me

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lF...Y_q5HQ2-y3TDar

I have created all docs except for Submit.PNG I don't understand what I am doing wrong. here is the google drive link

please someone help me

NTK, your send_form.php is not anything like the original; it seems to be your default page design with the HTM extension replaced by PHP.
    It is also in the root and not in index_htm_files/ folder () "Your file was not found - ../Contact/WWW/index_htm_files/send_form.php).
    You seem to have a copy on your Variant page, which was explicitly described as what not to do in the original instructions but I am only reading the manifest file to guess this.

Next attempt, just create a test site with the Contact and Index page. few will want to download an 80MB file to troubleshoot.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This is my first attempt and I am struggling so I apologise.

I must be misreading as I don't see what I have to create for the send_form.php

I don't mean to cause offence or come across as stupid I just don't have the knowledge others do.

I really do not mean to cause offence or take up so much of your time.

ok scratch that. I have now created an index and the other things created. I have uploaded and sent a test but it hasn't worked. if I have uploaded my progress to google drive and shared it please can you see what the issue is?

I apologise in advance if the mistake is trivial but I have tried my best. the file size is now 527KB

ok scratch that. I have now created an index and the other things created. I have uploaded and sent a test but it hasn't worked. if I have uploaded my progress to google drive and shared it please can you see what the issue is?
    I apologise in advance if the mistake is trivial but I have tried my best. the file size is now 527KB
    NTK, the problem is I do not have a upload handy where I can test PHP at the moment.

Everything looks in place. The fact is is displaying the contents of the PHP is a good sign both in the Main and the Variant.
    All I can think of is the contactus page might need to have the page named as contactus.php (Options > Web Properties > Page > Page filename), otherwise the server might not recognise the PHP call - this is a wild shot in the dark but won't harm anything.

I think unless someone else has the wherewithal to do this last check, it probably falls on you to prove that you can actually run PHP scripts from the Xara folder.

You have not given anyone offence by the way and we appreciate the frustration that builds up with every designer's project.

Acorn

Hello close neighbour Nicholas,

Went on a wild goose chase thinking you were using code from webform but was completely off track there. Realised you were using a form from xaratemplates.com.

Firstly, you need to publish the site to your server, it wont work from your hard drive as it needs a php server which your hard drive won't normally conform to.

Secondly there's an error in the code supplied as it's publishing to contact.htm but looking for the 'send-form.php' file within the index_htm_files folder which isn't being created.

I've created a form that hopefully works (let me know) and it's only got one variant.

I'll explain more later if required. Personally I prefer the recipient email address to be in the php file, not within the html file.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hello close neighbour Nicholas,
    Went on a wild goose chase thinking you were using code from webform but was completely off track there. Realised you were using a form from xaratemplates.com.
    Firstly, you need to publish the site to your server, it wont work from your hard drive as it needs a php server which your hard drive won't normally conform to.
    Secondly there's an error in the code supplied as it's publishing to contact.htm but looking for the 'send-form.php' file within the index_htm_files folder which isn't being created.
    I've created a form that hopefully works (let me know) and it's only got one variant.
    I'll explain more later if required. Personally I prefer the recipient email address to be in the php file, not within the html file.
    LINK
    Egg, OP said he had "uploaded" (a.k.a. published). Also the WWW3 code does produce a index_htm_files/ folder for me so I am now confused. Xara does have a bug around material folders so I hope we are not tail-chasing here.
    Thanks for the time to produce a workig example.

Acorn