Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about Xara Designer Pro X 15

I currently have Xara Photo and Graphic Designer but I recently received an email off to upgrade to Xara Designer Pro X 15. But as it stands now I do not use the software that much so I was going to delete the file. But one feature caught my eye. The description for Xara Designer Pro X 15 says it includes full PDF editing. Does this include javascript support (editing and creation) for PDFs? I originally started creating PDFs with javascript in Adobe but switched to Foxit Phantom PDF due to Adobe being extremely slow and much more costly. Foxit is much less expensive but getting Xara Designer Pro X 15 would be much better due to all the extra things I can do with it.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Question about Xara Designer Pro X 15

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I currently have Xara Photo and Graphic Designer
    That's the same I use because I do not need the web stuff.
    Sorry I cannot answer your question.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

No, there us no Javascript support.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No, there us no Javascript support.
    That's what I figured but was hoping for more... thanks for the info.

PagePlus can use JavaScript in its forms. There are one or two functions related to button actions that still have to be finished off (or simply changed) in Acrobat or another PDF editor capable of JavaScripting and/or editing actions.

It's about a $20 USD purchase these days because it is a product that will see no future development. But it is still a good layout application.

I was looking for a full featured PDF editor like Foxit but only cheaper. I need to upgrade but really don't want to spend the $100 for the newest version. I think the version I have is 3 editions old...lol.