Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Creating a 3D image from imported PNG with transparent background

Quote Originally Posted by MyX'ra View Post
    I will purchase Xara 3D 7 for the purposes of being able to map the texture to the text as Handrawn said.
    go for the trial first - make sure that the mapping feature offered meets your needs

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi myX'ra, I'm not suggesting creating shapes in PS but in Xara. I've made a video to run you through the procedures required.

Apart from your very specific texture that follows the text it is possible to do the whole thing in Xara. However you require to use the texture flowing within the text as created within PS so it would be easier to create using this method in Xara 3D 7.

Passé I agree with Bob, but this was about creating a 3D still. I wouldn't agree that P&GD can do that Xara3D 7 cannot. The OP's requirements would be far more difficult to recreate in Xara Designer (or P&GD) alone

That's a really workable YouTube video, I just knew how to do this in PS. This is even simpler. By the way, is there any to convert png to svg or ai format? Reading vector and raster tip, I hope to make it into a vector.

thanks for suggestion but i never use how to convert 3D image in PNG extension..
    i will try..it

Smile Re: Creating a 3D image from imported PNG with transparent background

Burnhamm, thank you for all your effort. It took me until today to even try this because I've been so buried in other projects. It is most certainly useful and I will have to play with it a little to really feel like I can reproduce it on my own, but your video really helped. Thank you!!!

I attached my first attempt which I kinda hurried through so I suspect future efforts will improve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold text.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	120624

That looks pretty good for a first attempt.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.