Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unexpected Xara inclusion

Just a heads up... I've recently started using Magix Audio Cleaning Lab which I bought as part of HumbleBundle offer and I was quite surprised when I went to print labels and a minimalist version of Xara P&GD popped up! It has templates crafted for DVD and CD labels and it saves your work as a .xar file which opens just fine in Xara Designer Pro X (v12) for a bit of prettying up!

Default Re: Unexpected Xara inclusion

Hi,

Almost all of the entire Magix line of products for audio and video (I don't know about the ones that came from Sony, like Vegas) contain an old limited version of Xara Xtreme and the templates for creating CD'S, DVD's and jewel cases. As you have found, the Xar templates open just fine in Xara Designer Pro X and P&GD. I did the same as you and prettied them up. About a year ago, I went searching through all of the Xara files for these templates before realizing that they were all with the audio and video programs. I copied them to a subfolder in my documents under my Xara projects for easy access.

Video Pro X also contains a bunch of Xar files templates for things like graphs. Movie Edit Pro (Plus/Premium) and Video Pro X also contain about 150 .x3d files for titles that work with 3D Maker. Xara works with both MEP and VPX to create masks and images, static or animated. VPX burn menu exports/imports psd files that can be modified in Xara and returned. As you can see, Xara is an important component for many of Magix' programs.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)