Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Problem when site is published looks small & defaults strange

Hi Acorn
    Thanks, I have put those settings as you suggest, I'll also put the export settings to upload the whole web site, & not just changes & see if this helps.

I can see the htm. files etc upload ok..

Strange,

I'll give it another try

Thanks again.

Regards Dave

Hi Acorn
    Just for your info, when exported to my machine locally all is Ok size, & navigation.
    Thanks Dave

Hi Acorn
    I also went into the Navigation on my local machine & I get this message.

See attached pic.

Seems like a few things have gone weird!

Thanks DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	LINK BUTTONS.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	120400
    Last edited by Davora; 19 March 2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi Acorn
    I also went into the Navigation on my local machine & I get this message.
    See attached pic.
    Seems like a few things have gone weird!

Thanks DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	LINK BUTTONS.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	120400
    All this is saying is you have put a link on the topmost button so that in mobile devices, you cannot both follow the link or open the submenu. You need to remove the topmost link where you have a submenu. I usually add the missing link as another submenu entry to get round this difficulty.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    Thanks I have tried everything suggested. I also completely cleared/emptied all the index files from the folder containing them & tried publishing the site with all changes.

I still have the original Xara software I bought in 2012, do you think I should still leave that on my laptop or delete it now I have Xara Premium 15.

Is there any chance they could be corrupting/confusing each other?

Many Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi Acorn
    Thanks I have tried everything suggested. I also completely cleared/emptied all the index files from the folder containing them & tried publishing the site with all changes.
    I still have the original Xara software I bought in 2012, do you think I should still leave that on my laptop or delete it now I have Xara Premium 15.
    Is there any chance they could be corrupting/confusing each other?
    Many Thanks Dave
    Dave, there should be no problem with different Xara packages on the same machine, I have four or more at any one time.

It is more likely you have a widget that is interfering with the main Xara site or you have a malformed Placeholder.
    The sensible solution will be to contact Xara directly.

Sorry no success so far,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Dave, there should be no problem with different Xara packages on the same machine, I have four or more at any one time.

It is more likely you have a widget that is interfering with the main Xara site or you have a malformed Placeholder.
    The sensible solution will be to contact Xara directly.

Sorry no success so far,
    Acorn
    Hi Acorn

Ok thanks I'll try what you say, as this site was built with the original Xara & then I opened & modified it with the latest software.

Regards Dave

I'm getting this same message with a new install of v15 and my first time experimenting with a test site to see how the menus can be arranged and nested... haven't had much luck. I don't think it has anything to do with what version you have.
    See this thread:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...767#post590767

From what I can tell so far, Xara doesn't recognize different levels, so even if you set up pages on levels below the main level, it shows all the links on the menus and you have to hand edit each one, or edit one, and then copy and paste it over the other ones on that level... hope that makes sense.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Hope I wasn't confusing things, I was only commenting on the menu link problem.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Which is addressed in posts #10 and #14.