Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem when site is published looks small & defaults strange

Hi All

I hope someone can help.

I originally purchased Xara Web Designer MX Premium in 2012 & published the site OK & site looked as is & functioned OK.

I recently purchased http://www.magix.com/us/xara-web-designer so I could upgrade my site & build responsive web sites.

I used the new software to update the heading banner graphic on my web site (originally designed with Xara Web Designer Premium) & added a new logo at the weekend, I saved the site to a local folder (on my laptop) & exported the files as index.htm files.

In this folder are the following; (4 files)

(A yellow windows folder) called; index_htm_files containing mostly jpegs, css & XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont8.eot etc...
    index.htm
    robots.txt
    sitemap.xml

The website will upload OK & is hosted by 1and1.

The web address is; http://www.davora.eu/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Index Files.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	120397

At first it loads ok & then after around one minute the page/site goes small & defaults to the link below:

http://www.davora.eu/#xl_xr_page_index
    [URL="http://www.davora.eu/#xl_xr_page_index"]http://www.davora.eu/#xl_xr_page_index[/URL

I look forward to some help.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Default Re: Problem when site is published looks small & defaults strange

The link is to a presentation website and not a regular website. In Xara, go to Utilities/Web Properties/Website and untick 'Presentation website' and click 'Apply'.

Yes, it certainly does this.

Not sure why. But the navigation bar that comes up on the right makes me wonder if this is a presentation and not a website.

Go to Page Options > General and in the Document Settings drop down list, make sure Web Document is selected.

The navigation buttons for a Presentation site appears so the "after around one minute the page/site goes small" is probably because you have a slow Internet speed.

The Page has not fully downloaded until the navigation controls appear and then the full URL is displayed. This latter happens as a Presentation site is one large HTML file with a stack of hidden DIVs that contain each "slide"/"page".

When you change it from a Presentation, made sure you have it as a Conventional website and not a Supersite (Utilities > Web Export Options).

You will also have to rebuild your NavBar as you made change when the MouseOver layer was hidden and so your sizing and positions are askew. Do not try to recover form the changes you have made, that way lies madness.
    There is a way to do it without retyping everything but it is complex to describe so safer to work slowly through each change you made with constant reviewing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Boy
    Thanks I did this & exported the files to local folder index & up=loaded again, but it has the same result.

I looked under export options & the radio button is ticked on Export as a Supersite, maybe this is incorrect?

Thanks again

Dave

Hi gwpriester

Thanks I checked as per your Page Options & web document is selected.

Maybe the export options/settings are incorrect as that is set to Supersite.

Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi gwpriester
    Thanks I checked as per your Page Options & web document is selected.
    Maybe the export options/settings are incorrect as that is set to Supersite.
    Thanks Dave
    Dave, the option you need to change is Presentation website in the Options > Web Properties > Other section.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi gwpriester
    Under the Options>Web Properties>Other section the Presentation site is un-ticked now so I think this is correct.

Im not sure about the export options at the moment they are;
    Utilities> Web Export Options>Conventional radio button is ticked, Page Transitions is ticked (radio button)
    Scale to fit screen is unticked..

Sit appears the same online.

Regards Dave

Under the Options>Web Properties>Other section the Presentation site is un-ticked now so I think this is correct.

Utilities> Web Export Options>Conventional radio button is ticked, Page Transitions is ticked (radio button)

Regards Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Regards Dave
    Dave, something is awry.

If you have presentation controls, it a a presentation.

if you have URLs that have #xl_xr_page_index, it is a Presentation or a Supersite.

also every page is fitting the height to the page; there is no vertical scrollbar.

The settings you should be on are:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Setup.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	120399

If you have these and it is still misbehaving then the design file has been corrupted.
    If we cannot clear it, you might have to contact Xara but this behaviour is unusual. It is as if everything you have described is the exact opposite.

Acorn