Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Content Catalog Charges For Almost Everything?

Hello all,
    I decided to change my Navigation Bar and went to the "Content Catalog" to look at Nav Bars there. I was shocked to see that almost everyone of them had a "Buy" attached. What a bummer. What's going on? I'm still having trouble putting my copy of "Web Designer 10" on my new computer. I may end up taking CPU into a local computer tech to see what the problem may be. However, almost all of the stuff on WD 10's content catalog was FREE. Are there any more Free examples of Nav Bars I've missed? Thanks much all.

Default Re: Content Catalog Charges For Almost Everything?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Hello all,
    I decided to change my Navigation Bar and went to the "Content Catalog" to look at Nav Bars there. I was shocked to see that almost everyone of them had a "Buy" attached. What a bummer. What's going on? I'm still having trouble putting my copy of "Web Designer 10" on my new computer. I may end up taking CPU into a local computer tech to see what the problem may be. However, almost all of the stuff on WD 10's content catalog was FREE. Are there any more Free examples of Nav Bars I've missed? Thanks much all.
    You can use the Disc designs button in the Page & Layer gallery to link to your WD10 assets.

Xara has chosen to ensure there is an annual subscription, sorry Xara call this their "Update Service", for XWD(P) and XDPX now. If you don't renew your subscription, sorry your "Update service", you lose access to any on-line content.
    If you are within a year of your purchase then your licensing on your new computer is mucked up; you local fixer can not help. Raise a Xara ticket and explain what you have, what you want and what is occurring.

A number of us in TG have railed over the iniquity of this charging profile but Xara will sink or swim with it regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Friday Morning Acorn,
    Per your advice, I will raise a ticket explaining that I have several months before renewal. As you know, I had the problem of not being able to access my website due to Xara had stopped running. Let's see what happens. Thanks again.

Good Friday Evening Acorn,
    I took your advice and made contact with Xara. They provided a link I installed. I am now in a position to use most of what comes on "Content Catalog" and that's great. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Friday Evening Acorn,
    I took your advice and made contact with Xara. They provided a link I installed. I am now in a position to use most of what comes on "Content Catalog" and that's great. Thank you so much.
    Looking to the future, if you choose not to renew the Update service, you will get the Buy labels again.

What you can do before then is open the Local Designs gallery and right-click on each of the top five folders and pick the Download All
    This saves all the current on-line content locally in %appdata%\..\Local\Xara\XtremePro\15\Cache\designs \eng\ (copy this last into a Windows Explorer window (not a browser)).

The fully download is over 2GB so it takes a long time and a fair amount of space.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat