Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I extract JPG photos that are in CMYK format out of a PDF, and convert to RGB?

Hello

How do I extract the JPG files from a PDF and convert them into .JPG files in RGB format?

I can't save the images directly out of Adobe Acrobat Reader... but if I import the PDF into Xara (XDP x10) I can at least see the graphics nicely. But if I open the Bitmap Gallery, right-click on the JPEGs and save them directly, then when I open them in Photoshop, they are coming out as negatives and in CMYK, rather then RGB format.

Unfortunately if I just copy the graphic in Xara and paste it directly into Photoshop, the resolution is reduced. Likewise, if I select the graphic in Xara and export it, again the resolution is reduced... unless for each one I have a look at the resolution of the original by looking at the Bitmap Gallery and adjusting the resolution just before I save... The problem is that I have a number of these files to extract.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

J

Default Re: How do I extract JPG photos that are in CMYK format out of a PDF, and convert to

PS In the end I found a free on-line utility
    http://www.pdfaid.com

Seems to work, although I would still prefer to work out how to export at full resolution out of Xara...

Default Re: How do I extract JPG photos that are in CMYK format out of a PDF, and convert to

shiphen, can you supply an example PDF so we can have a look?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    how to export at full resolution out of Xara...
    the way you did by right-clicking in the bitmap gallery [or manually changing on export]

question is why they opened the way they did in photoshop... if we have a test file like acorn sugessts we can look at it.. could be anything from settings in PS to the original PDF settings