Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Any advise on my website please

Quote Originally Posted by ianzzz5 View Post
    Hi Acorn,

I have made some of the changes that you advised, when you get a minute could you have a look at them please and see what you think.

Have changed footer to a different colour - balances well.
    Have removed all underlines on headings on all pages. - super.
    Have changed navigation menu on footer to text with | separator. - works well.
    Have moved social media icons to footer. - cleaner.
    Have balanced left and right margins on all pages. - as I don't now notice, it is right.
    I can't get the 3 small pics on the home page to pop-up without the frame using soft-group. Any advise would be good! - Add the Pop-up photo option to the image alone then soft-group.
    Have changed bubble on home page to a rectangle, the colour should be blue but changes to grey every time I save it for some reason. Can't help with that one. The cascade of Reviews is powerful, I'll use that myself.
    Have made changes to 'Norfolk Broads' page, adding rollovers on the table and a location of our property. I don't like the 'Hover Over Place Name With Mouse' text, but can't workout a better way to show this. - "Mouse over the table to locate the Town"?
    Have removed Sitemap page. - Fine.
    Have moved Hamburger on mobile site back to left hand side. - making the Hamburger sticky might improve usability.

Thanks, Ian.
    Ian, it seem fresher throughout.

Well done,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ian, it seem fresher throughout.

Well done,
    Acorn
    Thanks for your help.

I can't get the 3 small pics on the home page to pop-up without the frame using soft-group. Any advise would be good! - Add the Pop-up photo option to the image alone then soft-group.

Hi Acorn,

This still does not work. This is what I am doing:-
    Un-grouping my image and frame and removing and un-ticking pop up photo on both.
    Ticking pop up photo on the pic only and setting the width to 750, clicking apply then OK
    Selecting the frame and pic then going to the Arrange menu and clicking Apply Soft Group
    Save then publish.
    The result is the pic and/or frame cannot pop up.

Ian.

Info Re: Any advise on my website please

Hi Acorn,

This still does not work. This is what I am doing:-
    Un-grouping my image and frame and removing and un-ticking pop up photo on both.
    Ticking pop up photo on the pic only and setting the width to 750, clicking apply then OK
    Selecting the frame and pic then going to the Arrange menu and clicking Apply Soft Group
    Save then publish.
    The result is the pic and/or frame cannot pop up.
    Ian.
    Ian, try my example file here:

Triptych.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ian, try my example file here:

Triptych.xar

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

Something is really weird here. Your example works fine, I have checked and double checked all my settings and they are exactly the same as yours.
    What version of WD are you using?
    I'm using 15 and when I open your file it says it was made in an older version. Could it be a problem with version 15?

Ian.

Hi Acorn,
    Something is really weird here. Your example works fine, I have checked and double checked all my settings and they are exactly the same as yours.
    What version of WD are you using?
    I'm using 15 and when I open your file it says it was made in an older version. Could it be a problem with version 15?
    Ian.
    Ian, I've run the file in versions 11, 12 & 15 in XWDP and XDPX - all work fine.

Acorn

Ian, I've run the file in versions 11, 12 & 15 in XWDP and XDPX - all work fine.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

I've worked out whats happening. Attached is an example.
    Pic 1 - the picture is in front of the frame - this pic works
    Pic 2 - the picture is behind the frame where it needs to be to look right - this pic doesn't work
    Pic 3 - the picture is half behind and half in front - the half behind doesn't work, the half in front does

I still don't know how to resolve the problem though.

Ian.

test.web

Info Re: Any advise on my website please

Hi Acorn,
    I've worked out whats happening. Attached is an example.
    Pic 1 - the picture is in front of the frame - this pic works
    Pic 2 - the picture is behind the frame where it needs to be to look right - this pic doesn't work
    Pic 3 - the picture is half behind and half in front - the half behind doesn't work, the half in front does
    I still don't know how to resolve the problem though.
    Ian.

test.web
    Ian, I assume you want the top inner and left inner to display a shadow. If you use a frame with a cutout and a shadow this can only end up on the top so the image is underneath and will not be accessible.
    A PNG, through transparent in areas, is this there is is over the image. You therefore have to think out of the box (or frame).

The construction from bottom to top is:
    1. Frame with cutout and shadow.
    2. Image with pop-up active.
    3. Top inner shadow.
    4. Left inner shadow.
    5. All soft-grouped.

The inner shadows are just thin rectangles with a Feather or Linear Transparency.

You've Been Framed.xar
    i have overemphasised the inner shadow colours on purpose.

Acorn

Ian, I assume you want the top inner and left inner to display a shadow. If you use a frame with a cutout and a shadow this can only end up on the top so the image is underneath and will not be accessible.
    A PNG, through transparent in areas, is this there is is over the image. You therefore have to think out of the box (or frame).

The construction from bottom to top is:
    1. Frame with cutout and shadow.
    2. Image with pop-up active.
    3. Top inner shadow.
    4. Left inner shadow.
    5. All soft-grouped.

The inner shadows are just thin rectangles with a Feather or Linear Transparency.

You've Been Framed.xar
    i have overemphasised the inner shadow colours on purpose.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

I have managed to get it to look OK without the top and inner Shadows.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian.

Hi Acorn,
    I have managed to get it to look OK without the top and inner Shadows.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Ian.
    Ian, offsetting and shrinking a tad also works.

Acorn