Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Renewing WD 365

Default Renewing WD 365

Well, my renewal for WD365 is coming up but there's no 365 on the website. What is it called now?

And I have a Xara registered name but unfortunately with Magix that doesn't work. Do I have to change that too? I wanted to gain access to my puchases.

Love the software, but this marketing is nuts.

Many thanks.

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Renewing WD 365

Good question, and yes it would be nice if Xara/Magix settled on one name or another. I think we have leaped ahead to v15.

Well. I think I'll work out the password problem. .... then see if 365 has become version 15 ...... then upgrade to that. I think ?
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Well. I think I'll work out the password problem. .... then see if 365 has become version 15 ...... then upgrade to that. I think ?
    365 was the abortive Xara marketing ploy to suggest the update service was there for a year.

After sarcastic comments (mine) that is ought to be on a daily countdown and Magix got involved as distribution partner, we jumped to version 15, skipping versions 13 and 14 for no explanation, dropping the 365.

Those on version 12 when checking for updates are advised everything is up to date. The mythical jump to v15 doesn't even register so time passes and update services expire so that, cynically, Xara can get more cash as the small window of a favourable renewal passes quickly.

You currently, being in the update service period, have a free upgrade to v15 from v12 but don't let Magix or Xara tell you that; it's a secret.
    Download your WD from here (http://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/download/). You need your original email and Serial Number.
    I would record that from your current version by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt+1.
    If you go to the Magix site for your download, pick the Free trial button, otherwise you'll call me out and say Magix wants paid.

You should be able to keep v12 and v15 running side-by-side.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn for that valuable information for other users. Mostly as you've mentioned I have done -- with the exception of the free upgrade which I've missed out on. -

- for those logging into Magix for your account you need a new password. If your user name is your email that still works.
    - as Acorn mentioned - 365 upgrades to v15. I think mine was for $90 Cnd.
    - Now lets see if April 2019 I get reminders from Magix to renew

-Bill-
    Last edited by bwood; 24 March 2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: additions
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

It is an extremely far cry from the almost Mom & Pop organisation that existed 10 years ago. I know things move on, but...
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.