Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MP3 Files not playing since updating to Web Designer Premium 15

I have just updated to Version 15, and added some new content to my web site, and since then none of my MP3 files will play, even older ones that were already on the web site.
    I have checked that the files are in the Index folder on my Web Hosting Site, and they are all there, and the link seems to be correct, but nothing will play, have tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
    All was working fine in version 12.
    My site is http://www.dragonflyflutes.com.au/custommidrange.html Click on one of the images and it will open a window with more photos and audio player.
    Anyone else having this problem
    Cheers
    Terry

Default Re: MP3 Files not playing since updating to Web Designer Premium 15

I have just uploaded the Web Site again using version 12, and everything works fine, so something is broken in version 15, will have to try it out in a subdomain or something until I can get it to work, unless anyone has an answer to the problem, but the links I posted above now work as it is version 12
    Cheers
    Terry

Have uploaded the site to http://www.dragonflywoodworks.com.au...mmidrange.html click on a photo then on the audio player, and it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Have uploaded the site to http://www.dragonflywoodworks.com.au...mmidrange.html click on a photo then on the audio player, and it doesn't work
    Tezza, I have looked and cannot find any MP3s uploaded into your ../index_html_files/ folder (Your manifest: xr_files.txt).

The only other thing that stands out is you seem to have duplicated web pages:

index.html
    index.html
    aboutus.html
    aboutus.html
    custommidrange.html
    custommidrange.html
    basicmidrange.html
    basicmidrange.html
    lowkey.html
    lowkey.html
    highkey.html
    highkey.html
    drone.html
    drone.html
    ahavaraba.html
    ahavaraba.html
    gallery.html
    gallery.html
    beginnersclasses.html
    beginnersclasses.html
    downloads.html
    downloads.html
    contactus.html
    contactus.html
    purchaseconfirm.html
    purchaseconfirm.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    The site also has a mobile site, so would this be why it has 2 pages of each? Also I found the problem but not sure how to correct it, in version 12 I named the index page as html. When I use version 15 it still use the index_html_files folder, except for any of the mp3 files, when I check the source code for the placeholder it is pointing to index_htm_files, which does not exist, if I manually change the source code to html it all works fine, so how do I get the player widget to insert the correct path, or do I try and change the whole site to htm and not html??

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    Hi Acorn
    The site also has a mobile site, so would this be why it has 2 pages of each? Also I found the problem but not sure how to correct it, in version 12 I named the index page as html. When I use version 15 it still use the index_html_files folder, except for any of the mp3 files, when I check the source code for the placeholder it is pointing to index_htm_files, which does not exist, if I manually change the source code to html it all works fine, so how do I get the player widget to insert the correct path, or do I try and change the whole site to htm and not html??
    Tezza, no the Variant exists within its htm(l) page so there should be only one.

I suspected the htm/html schism but held back.

If the old site was htm then revert to htm throughout. There is no disbenefit.

A quick view of your code around MP3 playing did not give me any insight as to how you added your MP3s originally.
    You could use an FTP program, create an index_htm_files/ folder and drop just the MP3s in it.
    You could hack into each Placeholder and change htm to html - messy.
    You could remove the current Placeholders and rebuild them.

I think switching to htm pages is safest.

Remember to save a copy of your master design file so you can recover back if any option fails.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have experienced the same none-playing audio issue. It seems that in the source code version 15 is linking the audio file to a page called index when in fact (in my case) the audio is on a page other than index. I raised a ticket in early February and after a few emails they (and I) discovered that v15 is renaming the mp3 link. I received the following words from Stephen at Xara support, "It looks like the developer has fixed this issue already internally, so it should be released in a patch shortly, subject to testing.

I'm unable to say exactly when, but the program should notify you whenever a new patch is released."
    I am using the last working version that I can find which is 12.4.0.47404 and that does the audio correctly. I was hoping that a patched version 15 would have been released by now but obviously not.
    I hope this clear the matter up for you.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by fingers1946 View Post
    I have experienced the same none-playing audio issue. It seems that in the source code version 15 is linking the audio file to a page called index when in fact (in my case) the audio is on a page other than index. I raised a ticket in early February and after a few emails they (and I) discovered that v15 is renaming the mp3 link. I received the following words from Stephen at Xara support, "It looks like the developer has fixed this issue already internally, so it should be released in a patch shortly, subject to testing.

I'm unable to say exactly when, but the program should notify you whenever a new patch is released."
    I am using the last working version that I can find which is 12.4.0.47404 and that does the audio correctly. I was hoping that a patched version 15 would have been released by now but obviously not.
    I hope this clear the matter up for you.
    Peter
    Peter, thank you for sharing.

I think this only applies if you have a first page named other than index.
    when you have a website of several pages and the first page is index then all the assets are saved into index_htm_files/ folder, so any placeholder can still reference a path to index_htm_files/ without any problem.

Deep in Xara's documentation is some prose that states if your first page is notindex then the references to index_htm_files are all changed in Placeholders to notindex_htm_files/ and the same folder is created.

I have created many sites first pages without naming them index but luckily I held off updating in v15 as I have not enjoyed the journey and, luckily, few had Placeholders like this to fall down the rabbit hole.

Tezza's case fell into this trap as he rename index.htm to index.html, invoking this Bug.
    I have just seen and heard the revamped htm version of Tezza's site.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn,

All I know is that my website http://www.georgeformby.co.uk/ has always worked fine in all previous versions of Xara Web Design that I have used in the last two years but when I upgraded to v15 the mp3 issue manifested itself. The website is over 20 years old and when I started using Xara 2 years ago I just re-created all the pages (originally created with versions of Dreamweaver), so the home page is called index (as xara suggest) but all the other pages are known by short reference to what is on that page. I am certainly not a html expert (that is why I like xara) but the man at Xara support did say that the mp3 issue was a bug that was changing the code to link the mp3 file from the name of the page to index.

As I said earlier, I am no expert but everything re audio worked fine before v15.
    Best wishes,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by fingers1946 View Post
    Thanks Acorn,

.... the man at Xara support did say that the mp3 issue was a bug that was changing the code to link the mp3 file from the name of the page to index.
    Let's hope they address the issue in the next update.