Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New font issue

Default New font issue

Hi All
    I have a website that has been fine. I've just made a couple of small edits and when I go to publish I get the box saying 'The following fonts are used in the document but are either not installed or are not in a format that allows them to be embedded in the website'. The font I'm using is 'Open Sans'. When published it has replaced the font and throws everything out. I have tried publishing from three different computers with the same issue.

I've confirmed that Open Sans is installed and the document info says: 'Open Sans Editable'

Any ideas??

Thanks

Nick

Default Re: New font issue

I tried this in Designer Pro+ http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/Open%20Sans%20Test/ and did not encounter any problems. Maybe one of the other members will have a better answer.

Default Re: New font issue

Since OpenSans is a default of Xara this is strange. I did have a problem slightly similar when I used Manrope Font.
    First - Run your program as administrator once, clear the cache of your browser etc etc.

Open Sans has the usual myriad of stylings. Light, medium, bold etc. perhaps one of those was an edit.

If you still have the problem check the edits you’ve made. My guess is that Xara doesn’t “like” one of your edits. It’s painful, but things worked before so you have to trace your steps backward.

My problem was a font confliction some time ago. I used Manrope in place of Open Sans and they didn’t play together.

Sometimes a good run with administrator solves the problem. Hope it does for you.

W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.