Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NJ, near Princeton Univ (USA), midway between NYC and Philly

Default Xara Xone locale and currency incorrect (plus a whine about Xara, Magix and branding)

I'm in NJ (the US), but when I navigate to "xaraxone.com", I'm taken immediately the the European site - "www.xaraxone.com/eu/". Determined, though, as I am, I clicked the currency symbol at the upper right and selected US, and was now taken to "www.xaraxone.com/us/", which was promising at first -- until I noticed that all the product prices are still shown in Euros.

Taking my own post a bit off topic: selecting one of the products priced in Euros keeps me on the www.xaraxone.com/us/ site, but shows me the page explaining that only Xara online is supported on the site -- and there are additional links to take me to Magix for a product purchase. No doubt I'm not the first to whine about this, but I do believe the way the products and branding have been handled make for further confusion -- not less. I find it mildly alarming (is that an oxymoron?) to see the phrase "...our distribution partners MAGIX Software...", which brings to mind the awful experience I've had over the years with software distribution companies like novadevelopment. I do wish that another solution had been found re: online branding for the software products, services, and websites. I can navigate through this, but it does seem suboptimal.

Anyway - back on topic: price currency needs to be aligned with country locale on the site.

Jon

Default Re: Xara Xone locale and currency incorrect (plus a whine about Xara, Magix and brand

Jon, if I type http://www.xaraxone.com/, I am taken to http://www.xaraxone.com/uk/ and GBP.
    If I change the currency to EUR, I am shown http://www.xaraxone.com/eu/ but the prices remain GPB.
    If I change the currency to USD, I am shown http://www.xaraxone.com/us/ but the prices remain GPB.
    The web designer hard-coded the pricing or mixed up the use of locale.

You are right that the MAGIX distribution partnership and Xara development relationship has been very poorly expressed...

Acorn

P.S. ...read into the panning of the remastered Xaraxone has had.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Xone locale and currency incorrect (plus a whine about Xara, Magix and brand

Acorn -

Seems a shame that, while promoting tools for web development (among others), web errors are so readily apparent.

Brings to mind the shoemaker's children going barefoot... (Or, for those who like 20th century jazz, you might recall a Charles Mingus take on the topic -- a tune he called "The shoes of the fisherman's wife are some jiveass slippers"...)

If you hit Ctrl+F5 The currency is converted to the correct currency for the url but no visitor would know that of course!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If you hit Ctrl+F5 The currency is converted to the correct currency for the url but no visitor would know that of course!
    I have to ask, Egg how did you figure this out?

Ray

Well... THAT's intuitively obvious! Brilliant UX design...

Acorn

P.S. Magix take note!
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I could say I was thinking outside the box, but that would be total crap!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I could say I was thinking outside the box, but that would be total crap!
    Then how about telepathy, or some kind of "second sight"?

so you need to force reload of new page content from the server... rather sloppy design ?