Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent photos distort, but only when published or in preview.

Hey all, I've been having trouble with Xara Web Designer Premium lately. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.PNG 
Views:	207 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	120348

Anytime I add a transparent photo the edges appear blocky,but only in preview and publish, it does not appear distorted on the canvas.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Transparent photos distort, but only when published or in preview.

Not really sure but try this: right-click the picture and select Optimize/Select. Make sure "PNG" is selected and that Quality is set to True color + Alpha.

(Boy beat me to it )

Hi Schubird,

It looks like the symbols are being exported as JPGs and so cannot have transparent backgrounds, so pick up the background in the document.

To fix this, simply select the symbols in Xara and right click > Web properties > Image Tab > Web image type set to "PNG"

Thanks,
    Ben

Just like three buses in a row.

Ditto.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat