Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    NJ, near Princeton Univ (USA), midway between NYC and Philly

Default Designer Pro X - You Must Be Online to Use This Feature

Greetings --

I ran into an issue that's a first for me with Xara products: it seems that my copy of Designer Pro X (365: version 15.0.0.52427) will not connect online to Xara / Magix servers as of around 12:00AM EST, 3/13/18. The tab for the Local Designs gallery has "(Offliine)" appended to the tab title, and when I check for updates (Help/Check for updates...), there's a blink, a long pause, and then I get the error message indicating "You must be online to use this feature".

I've verified that I am, in fact, online: I opened email and several web pages before and after attempting the online activity with Designer Pro. I shut down the program and restarted. I rebooted and restarted. No change in results. I checked my account status on Magix.com, and it noted that the v15 version of Pro X365 was activated on my laptop on 3/8/18. The Pro X365 license is "valid until: unlimited", and the update guarantee shows good until 8/6/18.

Yet...I cannot get the application to be "online". Note: this WAS online earlier today. I've made NO changes in firewall or any kind of security in recent weeks.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jon

Default Re: Designer Pro X - You Must Be Online to Use This Feature

Misleading, it was probably the Magix server that was offline as you weren't the only one.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi jonstrong,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we've passed it on and trying to get this fixed ASAP!

To see my original post see here - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Servers#3

Thanks,
    Ben

Your link only leads to a 404 page Ben.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wink Re: Designer Pro X - You Must Be Online to Use This Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Your link only leads to a 404 page Ben.
    Egg, try https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...f-Xara-Servers
    Ben was aiming https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...389#post590389.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi jonstrong,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we've passed it on and trying to get this fixed ASAP!

To see my original post see here - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Xara-Servers#3
    Thanks Ben. Seems that the servers are back online at this point.

BTW: while the servers are apparently online, I was surprised that it took quite a long time to download assets to a local copy. It seems like the bandwidth allocated to these downloads must be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by jonstrong View Post
    BTW: while the servers are apparently online, I was surprised that it took quite a long time to download assets to a local copy. It seems like the bandwidth allocated to these downloads must be very low.
    i found the servers came back but it took a long time for the services to recover.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat