Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook widget hit and miss

The Facebook widget has been well documented. I’m finding the widget appears fine on large screen and tablets, but hit and miss on mobile. I do not think the problem is Xara, I believe that sometimes Facebook changes ‘something’, but haven’t figured it out as yet.
    I do find that copy and pasting from a large variant to mobile variant does not work. I really think it has to be added to variants separately.
    For those using the widget are you finding problems ?
    I’m about ready to remove it on sites where FB is more ornamental than anything. Thanks all.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Facebook widget hit and miss

I don't use any Facebook widgets, just create a Facebook logo with a link to the client's Facebook page that opens in a new tab; same process for Instagram, Trip Advisor, LinkedIn, Google Maps etc. You can copy and paste the link wherever you want then, or just embed Facebook in a placeholder.

It can be quite useful to synchronise content across web and social platforms to reinforce the marketing messages.

Gary

Thanks @initiostar. I only use the widget when I can’t change content fast enough, or the Facebook is extremely busy. I make it a rule not to place things that will take people away from the site.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I’ve been trouble shooting this problem. It seems that on android tablets, computers and phones the widget works well. It’s the Apple products that have trouble. The widget does not appear on any apple phone, iPad, or iPhone which is updated to the most recent OS system.
    Considering that many use iPhones I may have to take the widget out of the mix with a link only.
    I’d like to figure out why. I believe it could be due to the latest OS release.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design