Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A Little Puzzle

Default A Little Puzzle

So, I'm typing out my text and I decide, for one crazy reason or another, that I want my text dead center on the canvas/artboard. Here's my question. Do you ever notice that the software doesn't align to perfect center? It will usually be because the font itself has spacing above and below that are NOT equally spaced, making any vertical alignment pretty much difficult to achieve. How do you fix this without making the text into shapes?

I very much dislike having to center the text vertically by eyeballing it for myself.

Mark

P.S...I'm aware that not all fonts do this.

Default Re: A Little Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321 View Post
    So, I'm typing out my text and I decide, for one crazy reason or another, that I want my text dead center on the canvas/artboard. Here's my question. Do you ever notice that the software doesn't align to perfect center? It will usually be because the font itself has spacing above and below that are NOT equally spaced, making any vertical alignment pretty much difficult to achieve. How do you fix this without making the text into shapes?
    I very much dislike having to center the text vertically by eyeballing it for myself. Mark
    P.S...I'm aware that not all fonts do this.
    Mark, I have assumed it is a single line.

Centre it, clone it and verticaly flip it.
    Adjust to suit. Delete the clone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: A Little Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Mark, I have assumed it is a single line.

Centre it, clone it and verticaly flip it.
    Adjust to suit. Delete the clone.

Acorn
    Clever, clever, Acorn! You are da man!