Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Different widths of 2 objects appear to be the same width

Hi,

I'm tying to add a section to an existing image in Web Designer 11sample.web. The original image has a width of 73 pixels. The one I cloned has some text on it an shows up as 107 pixels, so when I group them the new group is 107 wide.

Why is the new smaller image ('Financing Available...') wider than the original? The look the same width on the screen.

Thanks!

--Ben

Default Re: Different widths of 2 objects appear to be the same width

You have a shadow on the smaller image which is making it larger, remove the shadow to fix.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ah. Didn't realize adding a shadow to the text would make it wider. Is there a way to crop it so it fits in a width of 73 pixels? I'd like to keep some kind of visual treatment to the text so it stands out a bit and doesn't look quite as boring.

--Ben

the shadow overlaps:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadow.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	120301

you could use clipview - make a rectangle the correct size, align it to your image horiz/left vert/top, put to back select both it and your image, apply clipview

depending what you do with it next , you may then need to make a bimap copy

Not sure why you have used a bitmap for the smaller shape but if you change it to a shape and give it a circular fill with the dark and light red you would get the same effect.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Xara Shadows can create very large boundaries around the shadowed object, which you can view by reducing the view to wire-frame.

My workaround is to create a transparent rectangle above the complete artwork and export as a png without transparency.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host