Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cost of Xara too high!

Behzad,

Cost of Xara too high!
    Way too high. The other lower software versions are reasonable but Xara Designer Pro X is way, way overpriced.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I truly think that they should have kept the web program out of designer pro, this way the price would have been less. Most want the pro for graphics and do not intend to make websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    A bit tricky to apply if it is just a software install. A physical delivery is unusual but would have much more value.

My concern would be around ongoing support but if the vendor is a registered reseller then that would not be a problem.
    Magix promote the following "The best products. At the best prices." I am therefore wary about Steam versions and eBay offers for out-of-date packages.

Acorn
    Actually, this is a physical product with a manual and a disk. Many times these are stock clearance items.

so you have a link to it ?

this ones a whole lot cheaper, as it happens... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xara-Desi...AAAOSwr7tZgYrV

I have the same concerns as acorn; I would not be 'sure' something like that would activate ok unless I knew the seller by experience

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    this ones a whole lot cheaper, as it happens... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xara-Desi...AAAOSwr7tZgYrV

I have the same concerns as acorn; I would not be 'sure' something like that would activate ok unless I knew the seller by experience
    It is still a prior version. TANSTAAFL -
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

sure, just saying you still have to be rather careful and look around even if price is all you care about

one thing though - ver 11, which i have installed as well as 12, stands head and shoulders above the current mess that is ver 15.... [designer pro - subject of the OP]

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

Hello,

A deal is a deal. If the package is shrink-wrapped and marketed as new, you should be on the safe side. By paying using PayPal or a credit card, you will have basic coverage if you do not receive the goods or if the package has been tampered with. Most of these offers are quite legitimate, they are just stock clearance items.

P.S. Xara is a good investment anyway you look at it, but who wants to pay top dollar or pounds.

'should' and 'most' ..