Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cost of Xara too high!

I told my friend about Xara Designer Pro and he said it is way too expensive and rather buy serif products or adobe cloud. To be honest he is right, here in Canada $349 is way too expensive,has it always been this much?
    Even the upgrade is too costly. I do not think Xara can do much on lowering the cost, can they? or the ball is in Magix court?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	120288

Default Re: Cost of Xara too high!

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I told my friend about Xara Designer Pro and he said it is way too expensive and rather buy serif products or adobe cloud. To be honest he is right, here in Canada $349 is way too expensive,has it always been this much?
    Even the upgrade is too costly. I do not think Xara can do much on lowering the cost, can they? or the ball is in Magix court?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	120288
    The UK price is 8 CAD dearer.

So if we take it to be 1 CAD a day for a year, is it worth it?
    It will then 0.50 CAD/day for each ongoing year.

I buy a daily paper each day for a little more. I get the on-line version included for free.
    I could hoard the newspapers (or cuttings) and I can access and download and reuse any part of my newspaper for as long as I have storage (Physical or electronic).
    If I cancel my subscription, I can still search and retrieve most of the articles.

I don't use my Xara applications daily and i don't get the same gain I do from keeping abreast of current affairs.

150 CAD seems more equitable.
    Half the price and get more than double the custom.
    Once it is developed, it is a cash cow and I think Magix is milking it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In Russia - 265$ ), but we have a lower(very lower) income. And this software is very expensive for us to.
    I paid 300USD when Magix is not traded XDP in Russia. In this regard, very sorry to see that Xara is not developing in the direction of graphical tools.
    PS: Already bought Affinity(both) and watch die Xara or not, as a professional tool (.

Much love to Russia.

Hello,

You can buy Xara Designer Pro X11 for much less on eBay. Currently, it goes for EUR 169,00 at ebay.de (German version, but this can be changed to English version just by deleting/renaming the German language file.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Hello, You can buy Xara Designer Pro X11 for much less on eBay. Currently, it goes for EUR 169,00 at ebay.de (German version, but this can be changed to English version just by deleting/renaming the German language file.
    lex, is it being offered with a proper registration /licence number and do you get web hosting for a year? It would then cost about EUR 150 to upgrade to v15. I found one on UK eBay who claims to be a genuine Xara reseller with a VAT number so there may be bargains out there but I would never buy software from eBay anyhow.

Not much of a benefit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    lex, is it being offered with a proper registration /licence number and do you get web hosting for a year? It would then cost about EUR 150 to upgrade to v15. I found one on UK eBay who claims to be a genuine Xara reseller with a VAT number so there may be bargains out there but I would never buy software from eBay anyhow.

Not much of a benefit.

Acorn
    Acorn,

If you need the latest version, then perhaps this not worth investigating. As to proper registration, I am sure it will work. The article I looked up had "Neu & OVP" (new and in original packaging with a guarantee about the validity of license in selling terms).

Once it is developed, it is a cash cow and I think Magix is milking it.
    starting to look that way....

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    The article I looked up had "Neu & OVP" (new and in original packaging with a guarantee about the validity of license in selling terms).
    A bit tricky to apply if it is just a software install. A physical delivery is unusual but would have much more value.

My concern would be around ongoing support but if the vendor is a registered reseller then that would not be a problem.
    Magix promote the following "The best products. At the best prices." I am therefore wary about Steam versions and eBay offers for out-of-date packages.

Acorn