Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VERSION 15 UPGRADE??????

WARNING Just upgraded = to version 15 for 29.99 from Web Designer Premium and it appears to be a DOWNGRADE from Magix? Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I used Web Designer Premium and thought I was "upgrading". Where is the "effects and plugins" tab under options? Where is the create panarama on the button pallette? Is this actually a DOWNGRADE? Where are the business themes that I paid for in previous versions? THIS IS B.S. Also, its 32bit not 64 but the popup states its also a Premium version.
    Last edited by Seabatt; 03 March 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Default Re: VERSION 15 UPGRADE??????

Quote Originally Posted by Seabatt View Post
    WARNING Just upgraded = to version 15 for 29.99 from Web Designer Premium and it appears to be a DOWNGRADE from Magix? Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I used Web Designer Premium and thought I was "upgrading". Where is the "effects and plugins" tab under options? Where is the create panarama on the button pallette? Is this actually a DOWNGRADE? Where are the business themes that I paid for in previous versions? THIS IS B.S. Also, its 32bit not 64 but the popup states its also a Premium version.
    in reverse order, there is a 64-bit version you need to pick, not the 32-bit one.

You haven't stated what version you upgraded from.

The themes are all available with Insert > From Content Catalogue.

Create panorama is under the Photo tools.
    The Live Effects tool is there too. Under Options > Effects and Plugins allows you still to configuere and add your plugins.

I think you have a lot of reading-in to catch up with the product.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    in reverse order, there is a 64-bit version you need to pick, not the 32-bit one.

The Live Effects tool is there too. Under Options > Effects and Plugins allows you still to configuere and add your plugins.

Acorn
    Should I show you a screenshot? Under options, there is NO effects and plugins, no Panarama, and...there was NO OPTION to select what version to download. No option for business themes. Upgraded from the LATEST version xara web designer premium. Thanks for you some what insulting response. Been using this software for years.

Should I show you a screenshot? Under options, there is NO effects and plugins, no Panarama, and...there was NO OPTION to select what version to download. No option for business themes. Upgraded from the LATEST version xara web designer premium. Thanks for you some what insulting response. Been using this software for years.
    Seabatt, my reply was anything but insulting.

We now have a version of Web Designer Premium that takes advantage of the power of 64 bit on Windows 7, 8 & 10, if your computer supports it, enabling you to create larger, more content rich sites, excellent news for anyone creating large sites with lots of high-resolution photos (typically 50 or more) where the memory limits of 32 bit Windows were becoming a problem. You can select 32 bit or 64 bit after starting the download.
    If you have only got access to the 32-bit application, I suggest you raise a ticket with Magix/Xara and ask for advice from them.

There have been dozens of UI changes in recent versions and I cannot guess what you started with.
    You quote "Upgraded from the LATEST version xara web designer premium". I must therefore assume this is Version 12. I have just compared v12 with v15 and everything is the same in these areas.

If you cannot access this internal link then it is possible you have not downloaded Premium. I am not sure which "popup" advises Premium. Is it the splash screen?

The Live Effects tool is there too. Under Options > Effects and Plugins allows you still to configure and add your plugins.Again, all I have done is advise where to access the detail you are seeking. If it is not there under Utilities > Options then I have not insulted you.

I would have thought that to be self-evident if you are asking about these changes.

From your new information:
    I did advise that the Panorama and Live Effects are on the Toolbar under the Photo tool. For FX, try pressing Ctrl+F5.
    I recall there is a Setup button on first use that allows you to configure the Effects & Plugins in the Options dialog.

Usually when TGers get into troubles with an Upgrade, the typical suggestion is to run the application as Administrator as this usually unclogs many teething troubles.

I am not in a position to PM you so I apologise for having to reply directly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When I up-graded through the Magix site it was without problems and with new features. Some of the new features were old features preformed in a new way. Not a deal breaker. I'm pleased.

@Seabatt,

You say that you "upgraded" from Web Designer Premium and in message #3 that you "Upgraded from the LATEST version xara web designer premium." If you had the latest version of Xara WDP, then why did you upgrade? And from what to what? You say that the upgrade price was 29.99. I looked on Magix.com and the upgrade price for WD basic is 29.99, whereas the upgrade price for Premium is 59.99. So, that would explain the loss of features - YOU actually downgraded, not Xara.

Xara WD both basic and Premium are on a 365 Update plan. Since you didn't say when you purchased the previous version or even which version you had, we can't really help you. If you had version 12 Premium and were still within the 365 day plan, then there was no need to pay for an "upgrade" to version 15 as it is free, included in the update plan. See other threads on this, like this one.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks for you some what insulting response ...
    Seabatt, Acorn has nearly 7,000 posts in Talk Graphics and I can honestly say I have never seen a single post that is insulting, in fact exactly the opposite, his input into this forum has assisted almost all regular users with his wide knowledge of the software as well as his excellent js & ccs contributions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

look on the top left of the program window does it say web designer premium? if not then John is likely right, you got the programs mixed up

have to say that is easy to do, as xara/magix are nothing if not experts in marketing product in a confusing way...

also have to second what egg says... acorn is one, if not the best, member currently active for help on web design issues...

Just upgraded Web Designer Premium from version 11 to 15. Haven't found anything new and exciting yet, but have found one big snag that makes me sorry I bothered. With v.11 I had free webspace from Magix; this has now apparently been removed and I am expected to use a Xara 'M' site which is only free for 1 year. After this period runs out presumably Xara are expecting me to pay rent for the site. I won't be doing that - my website is non-commercial, merely home pages. Why was my free site removed?

Quote Originally Posted by John Manning View Post
    Just upgraded Web Designer Premium from version 11 to 15. Haven't found anything new and exciting yet, but have found one big snag that makes me sorry I bothered. With v.11 I had free webspace from Magix; this has now apparently been removed and I am expected to use a Xara 'M' site which is only free for 1 year. After this period runs out presumably Xara are expecting me to pay rent for the site. I won't be doing that - my website is non-commercial, merely home pages. Why was my free site removed?
    John, I have never invoked this offer myself as I host my sites elsewhere with one domain name I renew through MAGIX annually. I, however, didn't think the MAGIX offer was perpetual.

Here is what is on-line: https://support.xara.com/index.php?/...th-domain-name.

My Xara Web Designer 10 Premium email states:
    MAGIX Online World free upgrade

This is the coupon code for your free account upgrade & domain:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All Xara Designer titles include free website hosting with MAGIX Online World,
    but Xara Web Designer Premium and Xara Designer Pro owners
    can upgrade for free to the ‘M’ hosting option, which includes 2 GB of
    web space, a top level domain, 5 mailboxes attached to that domain and
    web mail. All free for 12 months!

You can open your MAGIX Online World ‘M’ account here:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsimply enter your coupon code during registration and the price will adjust to 0.
    Sorry to disappoint,
    Acorn