Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wowslider - any other users?

Hi all was wondering if there were any other wow slider users here who may have encountered a problem that is driving me mad.

I have created a full screen slider in wow slider and have managed to get it to work on a blank web page as long as I use the stretch to fit setting on the widget.

When I then try and copy the widget into an existing web design the slider shows as full width but not full height.

I have tried every permutation of settings in wowslider and have also messed with the size of the placeholder in Xara with no success.

Any ideas please?

Default Re: Wowslider - any other users?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi all was wondering if there were any other wow slider users here who may have encountered a problem that is driving me mad.
    I have created a full screen slider in wow slider and have managed to get it to work on a blank web page as long as I use the stretch to fit setting on the widget.
    When I then try and copy the widget into an existing web design the slider shows as full width but not full height.
    I have tried every permutation of settings in wowslider and have also messed with the size of the placeholder in Xara with no success.
    Any ideas please?
    Can you provide the Placeholder code?

Under General Settings (Slider properties) in WOWSlider, have you selected Slider layout > Full width?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn - thanks for the quick response.

Apologies -when I said that I used the 'stretch to fit' setting in Xara I meant the 'full width' setting.

Which part of the placeholder code would you like = head or body or both?

I have had a look at the code there and it does not contain any info re size of placement - I think that they are in a set folders labelled 'engine' that has to be FTP'd to the hosting.

Is there a full width setting for the slider? Or is this Xara's stretch to fit? And if it is the slider setting then maybe this is causing a conflict with Xara's stretch to fit.

Hi Acorn - thanks for the quick response.
    Apologies -when I said that I used the 'stretch to fit' setting in Xara I meant the 'full width' setting.
    Which part of the placeholder code would you like = head or body or both?
    I have had a look at the code there and it does not contain any info re size of placement - I think that they are in a set folders labelled 'engine' that has to be FTP'd to the hosting.
    As Gary and I then said, in WOWSlider, have you set the display to Full width?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Afternoon both

I have tried every permutation of the Wowslider full screen and the Xara stretch - if I dont have the Xara stretch enabled then the Wowslider full width and full page settings dont seem to do anything when I import the slider.

As mentioned in my initial post what I cant understand is that if I start with a brand new blank web page - import a full screen wowslider and use the Xara stretch to fit function it works - yet if I then import exactly the same slideshow into an existing site the slideshow does show full width but not full height.

Afternoon both
    I have tried every permutation of the Wowslider full screen and the Xara stretch - if I dont have the Xara stretch enabled then the Wowslider full width and full page settings dont seem to do anything when I import the slider.
    As mentioned in my initial post what I cant understand is that if I start with a brand new blank web page - import a full screen wowslider and use the Xara stretch to fit function it works - yet if I then import exactly the same slideshow into an existing site the slideshow does show full width but not full height.
    nobbyy, appreciate what you first said.
    It could be you have a Supersite for the target and WOWSlider and it and Xara in conflict.
    I was tried to eliminate the obvious.

Acorn

Hi Acorn

Both the blank site and the existing site that I am importing the wowlsider into are conventional (non supersite), so I agree that there must be some kind of conflict, but I am running out of ideas.

How are you adding the WOW Slider to your site? And have you tried bringing it to the top (Arrange > Bring to Front)?

I am adding the wowlsider script to a placeholder - updating both head and body and then transferring the wow slider 'data' and 'engine' folders to the site root directory by FTP.

Through experimenting further it would appear that on an existing site that the wowslider full width and full screen options do not work and you need to use the Xara full width stretch option for the slideshow to be full width but I cannot get it do display full screen on an existing site design - only on an absolutely empty new site.