Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slow to open web page properties

I recently upgraded from Xara Web Designer 9 Premium to the latest version. When editing a site created in WD9, it takes around 5 seconds to open the web page properties of an item, and a CPU core spikes up to 100% for that duration.

Is this a bug, or is there some option I should turn off? It's impossible to do any work if it takes that long just to change a single hyperlink.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Slow to open web page properties

This does not sound right. Have you tried Run as Administrator? Close the program. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This can clear up a variety of glitches.

It will either work or it won't and you only need to try this once.

I have no problem with the Web Properties dialog opening slowly.
    The Utilities > Options now takes 3 seconds; on v11 it was opening as quickly as Web Properties.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This does not sound right. Have you tried Run as Administrator? Close the program. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This can clear up a variety of glitches.

It will either work or it won't and you only need to try this once.
    Running as Administrator didn't help - it still takes as long to open the Web Properties dialog, and the CPU still spikes during that period. Anything else I can try? Thanks.

Have you tried to open the Web Properties dialog when editing another .web file? You could try one of the templates that come with v. 15.

No, it's a Xara issue that the Devs are aware of but can't pinpoint. It's an similar issue I've had for many versions re the Options window. If it's just started happening for you have you installed any new hardware recently? What AV are you using. (Video has no Audio)

My Web Page properties open speedily, but if your are taking 5 secs that would almost render the program unusable. Put a ticket into support.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No, it's a Xara issue that the Devs are aware of but can't pinpoint. It's an similar issue I've had for many versions re the Options window. If it's just started happening for you have you installed any new hardware recently? What AV are you using. (Video has no Audio)

My Web Page properties open speedily, but if your are taking 5 secs that would almost render the program unusable. Put a ticket into support.
    That's similar to what I experience, but for the Web Properties dialog instead of the Options window (Options opens immediately for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Have you tried to open the Web Properties dialog when editing another .web file? You could try one of the templates that come with v. 15.
    Created a new project with a template, and the dialog opens immediately.

My project has 66 pages, and if I reduced the number of pages to just 6, the Web Properties dialog opens much faster. The time it takes to open the dialog seems proportional to the number of pages in my project.

That's good to know. It might be the number of pages but I suspect the delay is caused by something on those pages that v. 15 is struggling with. Perhaps something having to do with links or placeholder code.

Quote Originally Posted by yeohray View Post
    Created a new project with a template, and the dialog opens immediately.

My project has 66 pages, and if I reduced the number of pages to just 6, the Web Properties dialog opens much faster. The time it takes to open the dialog seems proportional to the number of pages in my project.
    Nope! Not at me and my machine.