Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Xara slideshow widget

Hi all

Due to a number or reasons unfortunately it is likely that I will not be in a position to renew my Xara pro x license this year.

Can I just check that existing sites that I have built that contain the Xara slideshow widget will continue to operate after this please?

Default Re: Xara slideshow widget

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi all
    Due to a number or reasons unfortunately it is likely that I will not be in a position to renew my Xara pro x license this year.
    Can I just check that existing sites that I have built that contain the Xara slideshow widget will continue to operate after this please?
    That is my understanding.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks Acorn!

Could someone from Xara confirm this please?

I have just update to Version 15 and tried to use the Xara widget - I was asked to input my Xara hosting details which compounded my concern re the widget continuing to work if I don't have current Xara software or hosting. As no one from Xara has answered my question on the forum, I have raised a support ticket - will let you all know when I receive a response.

Hi,

Where were you in the program or what were you doing when this question was asked? Opening the widget in Xara or uploading?

The question that I asked previously was more or less where are the photos stored when you use the Xara slideshow widget. They are saved to Xara cloud somewhere as far as I can tell, but I don't recall logging in to use the widget, so I don't think that the photos are stored in my space. This is worrisome. I wouldn't want my photos to disappear from my websites for some reason, like not renewing.

Looking forward to your reply from Xara.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Hi all

Here is the response that I received from the support ticket I raised: You should still be able to access the Xara slideshow after your update period expires.