Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Scribble March 2018

Thanks Rik. Looks great! I like it very much.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just to clarify there have been no changes to the rules for the challenge as they apply to what applications can be used in the challenge. Any application can be used. That is why the challenge is hosted in General Graphics and not in one of the Xara sections.

Any other calls regarding how the challenge element is used are up to the mods to decide. Historically I believe the challenge object had to be fundamentally the same (change in stroke width, color etc. was OK.) So unless the person posting the challenge specifies otherwise, you should stick to the historical interpretation of the rule.

What you all do with the challenges each month is amazing considering there is really only one restriction on the challenge element.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Thanks for that clarification, Barbara.

Everything has been fine.
    It's just that, this time, Larry thought that we had made a change to his Scribble that's not allowed.
    Larry thought that I'd taken away a part of his scribble.
    But, it all got cleared up in the end.

And you've clarified that any software can be used.
    Which is not a problem for me, as I only know how to se Xara!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I checked to be sure. When I said Xara specific I meant any software used is permitted, it need not be limited to Xara products. So boys and girls, ANY software you you choose to use to take part in the scribble challenge is permitted. Same is true of the Graphics gallery, that is why Gare B posts his non Xara art there.

EDIT: Sorry, I see Barbara has posted to clarify that point.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Another Logo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrow deliveries.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	120340  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I like that Rik. Would work well for a Parisian delivery company too 😀
    - - -

Larry, just a thought regarding the rules about which apps can be used, as I mentioned before, by posting the original scribble as a .xar file aren't you limiting participants to using a Xara app, at least so they can then export it? Or are you expecting them to use the .png attachment, in which case, in addition to Rik's idea about the surrounding white space, maybe it should also be of a slightly higher resolution (larger size).
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I like that Rik. Would work well for a Parisian delivery company too ��
    - - -

Larry, just a thought regarding the rules about which apps can be used, as I mentioned before, by posting the original scribble as a .xar file aren't you limiting participants to using a Xara app, at least so they can then export it? Or are you expecting them to use the .png attachment, in which case, in addition to Rik's idea about the surrounding white space, maybe it should also be of a slightly higher resolution (larger size).
    " by posting the original scribble as a xar file aren't you limiting participants to using a Xara app"
    I don't think so because most of use Xara anyway. And besides that is my program of choice to do the scribbles, if you or anyone prefer to use a different program that is your choice the point about using a higher res png is well taken and I can accommodate that if that is what you all want. Did you read Barbara's post about the challenges being in general graphics and therefore not limited to Xara products? So far the fact that I submit a xar file and png has not been a problem, after all Xara is my program of choice. James(ODdOnLifeItself) used to do the scribbles using blender and my files didn't seem to cause him any problem as far as I know.

James does not frequent these forums any longer which is sad and probably my fault, because his son was and maybe still is interested in magic and I asked for his address and offered to send him a magic trick, James probably thought I was going to send it along with a bill which was not my intention at all, my intention was to send it as a gift to the son of a friend.
    Last edited by wizard509; 12 March 2018 at 07:19 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Another Logo.
    Another beauty Rik.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Larry, the format of your scribble file and the .png file size are absolutely fine for me personally.

I only made the suggestion so the challenge might appear to be more inclusive and fair, making it easier for non-Xara users to participate. I do realise in reality it probably won't make much difference to the number of entries.

It's a shame really as I find it interesting to see the ingenious way people tackle the same problem. Perhaps an incentive or prize could be offered for people entering the challenge each month. Maybe a discount off their next Xara purchase! ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	additional.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	120361
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gwpscribble.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	120367