We are trying to experiment with size, quality and cropping of some pictures on our site so we can make some improvements. So I created the test site below so we could test some things. However, I immediately noticed that the jpg size is changed once I import it to my web files. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to prevent this from happening?

Details: The original size of the 4 photos are as follows...
Project A is size 954KB
Project B is size 243KB
Project C is size 173KB
Project D is size 91KB

I uploaded each photo to a different page on the test below. Project A is uploaded to the page named Project A, etc. Not only do they appear to be the same size on each page once I import them. But if I click on the picture, then right click and choose "Ask Bing about this picture", all 4 photos are 500x357 / 42 KB.

Next question: This is probably happening when pictures on imported into slideshow widgets that are used also. Our slideshows are full screen (we have several on our original site) so the slideshow widget already crops our pictures once loaded into the widget. We want to adjust our picture so that, once loaded, it isn't cropping out parts of the picture we need to show ... as well as, loose picture quality.

http://www.casteendesign.com/eci/a.htm