Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up subscribe form

I'm looking create a pop up "Subscribe" form like you see on so many sights now. Something that would pop up after a pre-determined amount of time, wher ever you happen to be on a page, and present the opportunity to enter email address to subscribe to email notifications. It must be able to be manually closed by clicking off pop up potentially, or by clicking "X". I've tried doing this, and can't get it to be manually closed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Pop up subscribe form

Please see this updated attachment.

Try the attached xar file Ed, it uses a timer, which you can change the timing of, and loads a pop-up (not a pop-up layer). You'll need to change the pop-up's url to match your own.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's an example. I'd suggest a 'Thank you your subscription has been received' message rather than what currently occurs.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

This is a little beyond what I normally program. It appears to me that in looking at the jacklmoore site for colorbax, it looks like you can download colorbox from Github and host the files on your site. https://github.com/jackmoore/colorbox

This maybe a better solution in the long run because you are not relaying on a third party site to host the files that are required to run. Not sure if I missed anything on what is required to make it work but it maybe something for someone to look at.

Ray

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for Egg. Now if I can figure out how to implement, all will be good. I'll let you know either way.

I'm rubbish at code & css Ed but I attach a zip folder of my files I used to create this.
    Egg

This worked ( http://www.milnetool.com ). Thank you. I wish there was a way to make it only appear once, but I figure I'm lucky to get to where I am.

There is, I believe it may be in the css but that's a bit beyond my understanding at present
    Egg

From what I gather, you can do it with a cookie too, but that is WAY beyond my understanding at present.