Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems using HTML password lock on gallery page

Can the wise men and coders out there PLEASE help.....
    A photographer client wants his gallery page password protected - no problem - found and bought this nifty piece of software called HTML Password Lock - works perfectly but.....
    Have created a supersite with the gallery page as a separate page (which is password protected), with a nav bar link to it - created thumbnail pop-ups - all good - the password you can use to view the page is 123456
    (BTW, the web file I have attached is a chopped down version - some on the nav bar links on the main page dont work)
    At the top of the gallery page is a link back to the main site - Back to Allotriart - this doesn't work (nor does the logo top left which is also a link) in Chrome and Opera, but works perfectly in Firefox.
    If I take out the password lock, the link on the back buttons works perfectly.
    I've attached captures of the "inspect elements" results for all 3 browsers - as you can see, there is definitely a problem with Chrome and Opera - can someone lease advise on how to fix this....
    Many thanks in advance,
    LGF
    gallery problem.webClick image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery- firefox.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	120211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery - opera.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	120212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galery page problem- chrome.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	120213

Default Re: Problems using HTML password lock on gallery page

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Can the wise men and coders out there PLEASE help.....
    A photographer client wants his gallery page password protected - no problem - found and bought this nifty piece of software called HTML Password Lock - works perfectly but.....
    Have created a supersite with the gallery page as a separate page (which is password protected), with a nav bar link to it - created thumbnail pop-ups - all good - the password you can use to view the page is 123456
    (BTW, the web file I have attached is a chopped down version - some on the nav bar links on the main page dont work)
    At the top of the gallery page is a link back to the main site - Back to Allotriart - this doesn't work (nor does the logo top left which is also a link) in Chrome and Opera, but works perfectly in Firefox.
    If I take out the password lock, the link on the back buttons works perfectly.
    I've attached captures of the "inspect elements" results for all 3 browsers - as you can see, there is definitely a problem with Chrome and Opera - can someone lease advise on how to fix this....
    Many thanks in advance,
    LGF
    gallery problem.webClick image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery- firefox.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	120211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery - opera.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	120212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galery page problem- chrome.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	120213
    LGF, I've tried your design and it Previews fine in all my browsers. No password access however. The back links also work.

It might just be you need to clear your browser cache - press Ctrl+F5 when viewing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The other thing you can do is password protect the links from the host side, using the host login software.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, I've tried your design and it Previews fine in all my browsers. No password access however. The back links also work.

It might just be you need to clear your browser cache - press Ctrl+F5 when viewing.

Acorn
    Many thanks Acorn, I've just re-uploaded the locked gallery page and You definitely need the password - checked on my wife's tablet too.
    Yes, if the gallery page isn't locked, all works fine - would you mind retrying it?
    Many thanks,
    LGF

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ View Post
    The other thing you can do is password protect the links from the host side, using the host login software.
    Thanks Merlin - I will look into that if needs be.

LGF, just to check. I have access to your cut-down design file. If I preview this, does that need the Password?
    If it is not that, I do not have the link to your on-line upload.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

LGF, just to check. I have access to your cut-down design file. If I preview this, does that need the Password?
    If it is not that, I do not have the link to your on-line upload.

Acorn
    Ooops - aaah, here's the temp web address:
    http://www.waterfront-property.co.za

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Ooops - aaah, here's the temp web address:
    http://www.waterfront-property.co.za

Much appreciated
    LGF, first off, there is an invisible bar with HiSlide controls sitting above your Gallery text links back to the Home page.
    You should be able to bring the to the front or re-position elsewhere on the page.

The return to the Home page does not persist the Password.
    The login page is not SSL so unprotected.

All works perfectly in Chrome and Opera so it was browser caching.

Acorn

LGF, first off, there is an invisible bar with HiSlide controls sitting above your Gallery text links back to the Home page.
    You should be able to bring the to the front or re-position elsewhere on the page.

The return to the Home page does not persist the Password.
    The login page is not SSL so unprotected.

All works perfectly in Chrome and Opera so it was browser caching.

Acorn
    MANY THANKS ACORN FOR YOUR HELP - MUCH APPRECIATED! - There's a bit of code in the head of the page that dims the background when the thumbs are enlarged - works perfectly on a "normal" page but it doesn't show on the password protected version - is this what you're referring to? I don't know how to bring it to the front or position it elsewhere.
    Here's the code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    hs.dimmingOpacity = 1;
    </script>
    <style type="text/css">
    .highslide-dimming {
    background: white;
    }
    </style>
    Last edited by letsgofishing; 02 March 2018 at 05:32 AM. Reason: 1 other thing

Hi Acorn,
    Sorry to bug you but this is driving me mad - the above script makes the page background a solid white to cover up the thumbnails on the page - all good in firefox but same problems in chrome and opera - no white background to cover up he thumbs on the page and the back button doesn't work.
    I've crtl+f5 'ed dozens of times but it makes no difference - here's the link to the actual site - www.allotriart.com - the gallery password is A11otriarT.
    Many thanks,
    LGF