Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clipview Oddity

Default Re: Clipview Oddity

Have a look at the xara file Ron and you can see the changes from the original. I altered the file in P&GD11.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pen.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	120262  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    its a rendering artifact Ron - all you need do to remove it is to move the object - I selected every thing and moved the drawing and the artifact disappeared
    I think it is a consequence of the way in which you have put together the feathering/clipview/mould for the penclip and is a failing in the program
    hope that helps...
    [I tested in ver 12 of designer pro]
    That is a good catch but it reappears if you Undo the move so it can't claim to be an artefact; it is definitely a "feature".

@Ron, I would raise a Xara Ticket as it is readily demonstrable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks

well there are artifacts and there are artifacts - not sure that I would call this a 'feature' since it disappears when you move everything together and then reappears if you save it in the new position and reopen the new file

in other words whatever we choose to call it, it is a spurious in nature

yes refer it to xara, I agree

Not to sure which version of xara handrawn and Acorn are referring to where fault is showing in? Since I altered the original file, I have opened it 15 times now and it shows no spurious background on the pen clip even if I move the clipped view to one side and then move it back again. I downloaded my own file I posted just out of curiosity and it opened perfectly without any problems, no spurious background. I am not saying the problem needs sorting out by xara but there is a way round it.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Not to sure which version of xara handrawn and Acorn are referring to where fault is showing in? Since I altered the original file, I have opened it 15 times now and it shows no spurious background on the pen clip even if I move the clipped view to one side and then move it back again. I downloaded my own file I posted just out of curiosity and it opened perfectly without any problems, no spurious background. I am not saying the problem needs sorting out by xara but there is a way round it.
    Stygg
    handdrawn was XDPXv12, mine was XDPXv15.

I have stripped out everything other than the Clipped mould (glass ball (2).xar) and it still acts up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the reply Acorn. I don't know what else to say other than what I've already said. I altered the file in P&GD11 and it worked fine and still is. When you convert the mould to a shape and ungroup, there is a black shape behind the pens clip, this seemed to be the problem, so I deleted this shape and re-grouped and all worked well. The black shape only showed up in the P&L Gallery when I converted the mould.I don't know if this pic. will help but this is exactly how the file is now, just groups and shapes. The one selected is the Pens clip and is still editable with its linear fill.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pens clip.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	120267  

I have no doubt that there are ways of making the penclip without displaying the problem, thanks Stygg for that

question is why does it act up done the way Ron did it

its a rendering artifact Ron - all you need do to remove it is to move the object - I selected every thing and moved the drawing and the artifact disappeared

I think it is a consequence of the way in which you have put together the feathering/clipview/mould for the penclip and is a failing in the program

hope that helps...

[I tested in ver 12 of designer pro]
    Thanks, Steve.

Moving it removes the artifact, BUT, when I close and reopen the file, the artifact is back again. This was the problem from the beginning. I could always successfully remove the artifact. That wasn't the problem. It was after saving it, closing it, and then reopening it that the artifact returned.

I've tested it, and if I don't remember to remove the artifact before printing, the artifact WILL be printed.
    Now we might say that that is no big deal. However, I have a number of drawings that have hundreds of objects in them. Imagine scrutinizing each and every object in such a drawing with a magnifying glass to make sure there are no artifacts anywhere, before printing.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

pita ron

had time to look closer and if you take the feathering out of the penclip then it behaves - although that also alters the effect at the edge of the glass ball [maybe I made a mistake ]

I think the program is mis-reading the order/way it applies effects on initial render for some reason

short of the obvious - select all, copy to clipboard, delete all, paste back in place, nothing to suggest for work already done
    Attached Files Attached Files

pita ron

had time to look closer and if you take the feathering out of the penclip then it behaves - although that also alters the effect at the edge of the glass ball [maybe I made a mistake ]

I think the program is mis-reading the order/way it applies effects on initial render for some reason

short of the obvious - select all, copy to clipboard, delete all, paste back in place, nothing to suggest for work already done
    Thanks, Steve.
    I opened your file and examined what you did. Yes, that worked. Still puzzled as to why what I had originally done would cause that problem. Hmm
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer