Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
I have been asking myself with the surge of online free logo generators and templates for anything from a letterhead to a business card is it worth being a graphic designer anymore. I can see the flaws and easily spot these auto generated logos or design most of the time. To the casual person however it seems they dont see any difference , why pay a graphic designer for something you can get for free.... Now maybe i am wrong and the average person can see the difference because i image the visual appeal of such graphic and the lack of target a specific market can cause it to not deliver the results you want It still annoying. Its now spilling over into after effects templates , its a smart move by the people doing it all credit to them, but geez i studied for this man haha
risen,

You already have a niche market. Just stop and think for a moment. Who do you ALREADY do designs for? They need your work. Plus, what do you do that's NOT design stuff? Hobbies? Interests? Use these already untapped markets to help you pivot into a new field of design where you do what you love AND you love what you do! The market is already there waiting for someone like you to fill it.

I'm a magician and a designer...so...I combined the two. Now, I do designs for other magicians. And they LOVE it!

Combine your skills and elevate an industry or create your own. You're the boss!