Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Changing levels

Default Changing levels

So I am creating my first site and created most of my index page on the page background layer. That was mistake number 1000. Anyway, In realizing I needed to put almost all of what I created on the mouseoff layer I ran into an issue I am hoping someone can help me with. The page looks great, and I preview it and everything is lined up and where it needs to be. When I move everything I need to from the page background to the mouseoff layer, everything still looks fine until I hit preview. When I do that, the left and right side of the page is no longer displayed. It basically cuts off what is viewed. I tried making the page size bigger and moving things, but they still seem to be clipped. Anyone ever encounter this or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Sean

Default Re: Changing levels

Quote Originally Posted by vtsweener View Post
    So I am creating my first site and created most of my index page on the page background layer. That was mistake number 1000. Anyway, In realizing I needed to put almost all of what I created on the mouseoff layer I ran into an issue I am hoping someone can help me with. The page looks great, and I preview it and everything is lined up and where it needs to be. When I move everything I need to from the page background to the mouseoff layer, everything still looks fine until I hit preview. When I do that, the left and right side of the page is no longer displayed. It basically cuts off what is viewed. I tried making the page size bigger and moving things, but they still seem to be clipped. Anyone ever encounter this or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Sean
    Attached are pics of what I am talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	120178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clipped.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	120179  

So, I really don't like to start a sentence with so. But I am old and cranky and that is probably just me.

One reason that this might be happening is your content extends off the edge of the page.

You can make your page wider by dragging the right edge to the right. When the cursor is over the right edge or the bottom edge of the page, it changes to a two sided arrow indicating you can drag to change the width and depth of the page.

Start there and if this does not work, let us know and we can explore deeper.

Hi Sean, I'm not a 100% certain of your problem but I suspect you've also moved your page background rectangle containing the swimming pool image to the Mouse-off layer, which is probably set to "Clip to Page Edges".

Posting a url to your site or a test directory of your site helps us resolve issues far easier than guessing what might be the problem. Better still if you can attach a copy (or part) of your web file here
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host