Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painfully slow uploading my new site to Magix

Painfully slow uploading my new site to Magix, almost an hour for 17% uploaded? any help please.

Default Re: Painfully slow uploading my new site to Magix

Quote Originally Posted by bobnkb174 View Post
    Painfully slow uploading my new site to Magix, almost an hour for 17% uploaded? any help please.
    Do you know what your upload speed is at present?
    What is your broadband speed?
    Have you locally exported your site and checked the total size?
    Is your website large, with lots of pictures that you have not optimised?
    Are you using Xara's internal FTP service?

Otherwise, we are just going to guess.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm pretty new to this so sorry for not giving more info, I have no idea how to find my upload speed, my broadband speed is supposed to be 100mb?
    My file size is showing 41.5 MB, yes I have lot's of photos as I am a photographer, I did optimize my photos prior to uploading, not sure about using the internal FTP service? is that where you can check your progress on how my site will look online?

Quote Originally Posted by bobnkb174 View Post
    I'm pretty new to this so sorry for not giving more info, I have no idea how to find my upload speed, my broadband speed is supposed to be 100mb?
    My file size is showing 41.5 MB, yes I have lot's of photos as I am a photographer, I did optimize my photos prior to uploading, not sure about using the internal FTP service? is that where you can check your progress on how my site will look online?
    Not to worry.

The filesize is the giveaway, that would occupy a lot of upload time, especially if you are using thumbnails and the Hislide viewer (Photo pop-up) at large dimensions.

Typically, i would suggest a local Export Website to a folder on your computer so you can see just how big the overall website it.

If you have endured the full upload, there is a setting in Web Properties > Publish > Settings: tick Fast Publish (Only changed files) so your next upload should be much faster.

Until recently I have endured 4MB/s with an upload speed of <1MB/s.

It is possibly you got a bad connection with the upload service and it has been chugging along.
    I usually watch for up to 5% and if it is slow I cancel and retry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for your help much appreciated

Hope it finally uploaded. Get back if you're still having problems.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host