Okay. So, here's the WHOLE story...

I now have 3 computers' mouse and keyboards that have stopped working. I bought a new computer to replace my main computer that stopped working. Apparently, Microsoft has automatically installed a windows update that screws up computers. AND! Microsoft installed it TWICE just to make sure that it was there. No other update was installed twice, just this particular update (KB 4074588). You have to enter safe mode via the F8. And reset your computer (which wipes every app that you installed, not the factory installed apps). Here's the fun part. After resetting your computer and losing your preciously expensive apps (but your files stay in place), you have to go into your computer's control panel and uninstall the update (KB 4074588) twice as Microsoft made sure you would have trouble with your computer. Plus, I would recommend stopping your computer from AUTOMATICALLY updating so you can see which updates they "suggest" you install on your computer. If they suggest you install KB 4074588 again, DON'T DO IT.

To find out if your computer is infected go to control panel and click on "Programs and Features" then, in the upper left portion of the window, click on "view installed updates" and remove from the computer KB 4074588. If your computer's mouse and keyboard are working fine, I would still suggest you uninstall that update anyway. Look for it to be on your computer at least twice so that you don't have any problems with your computer in the future. This is especially important if your computer is an older computer. And sometimes the problem is that the computer gets stuck on a screen before you even get to sign in.

If you don't know how to stop Windows from updating automatically, just search for a video on YouTube on HOW to stop that.

I'm no computer geek, so please, if you aren't certain, ask someone you know who is an IT person about all this.

Here's wishing you NEVER have this trouble with your computer.

Mark

P.S...After I called them, Microsoft ADMITTED that they caused the problem and told me which update to remove, KB 4074588.